IGNORED

Gotek issue

nd2003grad

Hello again. I have yet another issue. It seems I have most everything up and running to some degree, but when I try to use my floppy drive emulator, it shows with nothing on it even though I have a stick that is loaded with ADF files. I tried putting the disk images on an SD card with an adapter, but then it showed the drive as bad DF1. Is there a particular kind of USB stick that works better with this? I do have selector.adf on there, but nothing shows at all. I also do not have a fully working workbench, but I think this would at least show when I stick a disc in for another program.

When I got my gotek +usb stick, the first thing I did was make a drive image of it as a backup.

I'm glad I did.

I discovered that you have to edit the boot menu in the selektor before changing drive contents. In other words, if you have 3adf files on disk and they are assigned to 001-003, then you put the stick in a pc, deleted those 3 adfs and put 3 different ones in, the usb drive stops working. The indexed boot list can't find the old adfs and crashes the floppy emulation.

So you have to remove the first 3 adfs from the slot assignments before deleting the adf files.

Even when I reformatted the usb stick and put the selektor.adf file on it, it never worked (I think the index exists on the gotek itself)

Do I ended up restoring my backup. I now use my backup to create more usb sticks that work.

What os are you using on the pc? I can try to backup my usb stick and send you the file for restoration. I can use Windows backup or some other disk image software for ya.

Or you have to reprogram the gotek rom

Edited by Sinphaltimus