IGNORED

How to install a McWill LCD into your Lynx Model I or II

Glen's Retro Show

My new video on how to install a McWill LCD into your Lynx Model I. On my channel you can also see how to install a McWill LCD into your Lynx Model II. Have a look tell your friends :)

Lynx McWill LCD model I install:

Lynx McWill LCD model II install:

My main channel is here:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=glen%20planamento&sm=1

Why not subscribe so you never miss a video :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the video, I'm amused that I've met LX and Aaron at the Davis Atari Parties... :)

Gotta look up the cell phone charger info because I don't have a power supply for this "spare" Lynx II and I know my sig.other had like 3 stupid BlackBerries in the past so there's gotta be chargers for them around here somewhere.

One thing that's lacking with the current mods is a controller output. I know Candle had intended in the past to add a port for a Sega Genesis/MegaDrive controller which would be easier to use if the Lynx is connected to an external VGA monitor. I'd prefer a JagPad myself but I can appreciate the fact that Genesis Pads are plentiful and cheap in comparison. :)

• Like 1

Its a small world LynxPro:)

So far,..my blackberry charger is working great...But will fix her so will do a video on that..so the power button and batts work again..

Yea.. The trick is to add external vga with it being unobtrusive..and Cowdog360 nailed that one..next is a similarly unobtrusive way to add a joystick externally for when you using that external monitor gears are turning I can tell you that right now gears are turning

• Like 1

Its a small world LynxPro:)

So far,..my blackberry charger is working great...But will fix her so will do a video on that..so the power button and batts work again..

Yea.. The trick is to add external vga with it being unobtrusive..and Cowdog360 nailed that one..next is a similarly unobtrusive way to add a joystick externally for when you using that external monitor gears are turning I can tell you that right now gears are turning

You'd probably want the external joystick port mounted to the "bottom" of the Lynx... the "top" being where the VGA output port is. Of course, if someone's a "lefty" then it would be reverse and it might end up being obtrusive if one were holding the Lynx instead of mounting it on a stand. :)

I guess you could insert a Bluetooth adapter for wireless controllers. I know there's a video - in French - up on YouTube of a guy that modded his Lynx to output the stereo sound via Bluetooth instead of using the headphone jack...

What I plan to do in the place of the contrast knob eventually is use a small connector like a USB-C or some other connector. With enough pins out there, you could have a custom cable with VGA out and the joystick both. Then, no case modding needed.

Bluetooth is a pretty cool idea for the audio, but I'd love to do bluetooth commlynx!