IGNORED

Repair Help?

fire_Will

I posted once before about a line on left side of screen I took a pic. to see if that helps maybe someone can help me if they can see what is wrong? I have 4 of these units doing the same thing. I buy anymore non working ataris my wife gonna kill me dead! Its kinda faint hard to see because of pic. on left side of screen comes down about 1 inch then jumps over a bit then on down. Color is good doesnt make any noise just the line down the side is all.

post-1623-1051843303_thumb.jpg

All 4 units do exactly the same thing? Not to be rude, but do they all do this on a few different TV's? Are you using the same connectors to connect them to the TV? what are you using to connect them? Just want a bit more information so people can get a clearer view as to what's happening to these machines. Are you using the same power supply for all of them?

Very curious indead!

Sounds like you have 4 perfectly fine working Atari's. I remember seeing that same line in my asteroids game as well. So I just plugged it in and checked and I got the same thing as your screenshot. I've seen a similar line on a few other games, though most games do not have it.

I am using the same power supply. But ive tried different games some dont really show up but depends on the screen I think as asteroids is all black screen or should be. 3 of the 4 units are the vader version dont know if that has something to do with it too or not. using a brand new tv switch box. And tried several tvs also. just get better pic of screen with this tv. I have another tv I play my games on. But i also have 2 other units that dont have the line using the same power supply. I was just wanting to trade some of them or ebay the ones I dont need if I can get them working I didnt no if maybe the vertical hold is going out maybe? or if its adjustable or if it even has one? I just dont really know what to do thought maybe someone else having same trouble.

Archived