IGNORED

Bounty Bob Strikes Back Hack?

Tempest

While I love Miner 2049er, I've found playing BBSB to be extremely frustrating due to the weird '3-D' look of the platforms. When I'm in a hurry I have a hard time judging where the edge of the platforms are. Is is possible to hack this game to remove the '3-D' look and make them look more like the original game's platforms?

I'm pretty sure that apart from a graphical change it might require a rewrite of the collision code?

Just off the top of my head...

I'm not sure about that. I think part of my problem is that those 3-D platforms are a 'fake 3-D'. I believe the game treats them as normal '2-D' platforms for collision detection's sake.

I'm not sure about that. I think part of my problem is that those 3-D platforms are a 'fake 3-D'. I believe the game treats them as normal '2-D' platforms for collision detection's sake.

Its more from the point that side on the fake 3d effect cuts a corner off the platform edge so if he is calculating and checking for the edge it might make a difference BUT, I'm no coder :)

Hadn't thought of the code altering protection....

When it came out I seem to remember it was the first banked game cart so the crackers were slightly stumped at first, I remember talking to a few of them on the UK side and the thought was it would take a while and then suddenly up it popped but not before they moaned about the other protections but at the time they never said what they were.

Seems Bill had annoyed the hell out of them :)

The nearest I got to what I thought was hard stuff to work out was a game that filled memory the sec it saw Omnimon, Savage Pond seems to come to mind, it had that an a bad sector check if mem serves me correctly, I thought I was a genius working those out :)

Shows you just how unskilled and rubbish my coding was :)