IGNORED

Castlevania Super Game

GraziGamer

18 hours ago, opcode said:

A teaser for the SGM2.

Fully playable demo in October.
If I can find someone that can host the demo at this year PRGE, people attending could try the game.

a8c2076a9fdd0d8a842d661dd6bbe50e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Al has his booth and if not I'm sure Rev would be willing to show it off at the Inty booth. 

• Like 1

Well Al has his booth and if not I'm sure Rev would be willing to show it off at the Inty booth. 

Ok, I will talk to Rev. By October I should have the first full alpha board already in my hands. Otherwise we can go with the partial board I already have. The partial board can handle the game just fine, just no sound, and CPU isn’t an issue with this game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, opcode said:

Ok, I will talk to Rev. By October I should have the first full alpha board already in my hands. Otherwise we can go with the partial board I already have. The partial board can handle the game just fine, just no sound, and CPU isn’t an issue with this game.

Sounds good ?? 

• 2 months later...

Happy Halloween!!!

A few remarks:

1) video was captured directly from a digital TV. Video from SGM2 was output in S-video format and upscaled by my Onkyo receiver. I did that because I needed the largest possible TV to be able to capture live footage. Unfortunately digital TVs introduce some artifacts, has a hard time with proper de-interlacing, remove scanlines, etc. Additionally, the glitch you see at around 58s was introduced by the video encoder, and wasn’t part of the original recording.
2) what you see was running on an unmodded ColecoVision with SGM2 rev 1 board, which means the ColecoVision CPU is doing all the processing (and the game runs at a solid 60fps)
3) while the soundtrack was added for dramatic effect, it represents the intended quality of the final audio
4) the video was captured in a single playing session and cut to make it shorter.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, opcode said:

I am deciding that this week, as that has some implications.

It would be very welcomed by all the SGM 1 owners. I guess that kinda goes without saying. My personal take on this would be that any titles shown\teased for the first SGM should get a release on the SGM even if a superior version does end up on the SGM2 and Omni. In the future any new titles that come about being exclusive to SGM2 and OMNI is totally understandable. 

It would be very welcomed by all the SGM 1 owners. I guess that kinda goes without saying. My personal take on this would be that any titles shown\teased for the first SGM should get a release on the SGM even if a superior version does end up on the SGM2 and Omni. In the future any new titles that come about being exclusive to SGM2 and OMNI is totally understandable. 

Let’s talk candidly. Here is the situation. Years ago I sold my cartridge tooling. I was planning to eventually get a new one, never happened. Current owner and I are not in the best of terms. So, that leaves me with 500, 600 cartridge cases max. That said, I have two options:

1) Go with the SGM2 and OMNI. Requires a new cartridge tooling, but that is ok, that is what I would be using from now on anyways.
2) Get a new ColecoVision cartridge tooling. I would need a few games just to pay for that. That delays #1, since I now would have to pay for 2 toolings.

Going with #1 means I am limited to 500/600 copies of SGM1 games, and then this is it.
Going with #2 means delaying OMNI/SGM2 somehow, since I would have to split my time between two platforms, at least during 2020.

So now hopefully you see why i must plan this carefully.