IGNORED

2 bombs on my Falcon

Umberto

I pulled it of the shelf, decided to put a 80 gig IDE drive in. On the desktop when I select Desktop info I get 2 bombs. I have replace the Ram, TOS chip, Power supply and even the floppy drive, all with known working parts but still get 2 bombs when I select desktop info???

Help

NV RAM reset maybe. Or as the problem started with the hard drive, could it not be that? Try pulling it out and seeing if it solves the problem (if you haven't already). If it's not a hardware problem with the drive, perhaps a sneaky auto program or desk accessory is running on the hard disk that you haven't noticed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I pulled it of the shelf, decided to put a 80 gig IDE drive in. On the desktop when I select Desktop info I get 2 bombs. I have replace the Ram, TOS chip, Power supply and even the floppy drive, all with known working parts but still get 2 bombs when I select desktop info???

Help

Is the Falcon capable of running such a large drive? When the falcon was created, IDE had around a 500MB limit (before E-IDE)