IGNORED

Burger Time (Atari ST)

• 2 weeks later...

Look. I know we all love the Atari ST. But that is no reason to completely abandon honesty in the name of loyalty. This game is horrible, It's just...bad. I hate to pick on it, but fan-boying something awful for the sake of supporting the platform is counterproductive.

What makes this game horrible? It sure looks good and music & sfx are nice. My only issue is the main guy doesn't look like a chef but more a repairman.

What makes this game horrible? It sure looks good and music & sfx are nice. My only issue is the main guy doesn't look like a chef but more a repairman.

Everything is long and thin, instead of plump and cartoony. The animations are stiff and mechanical. The backgrounds and other visual styling suggests no story. The experience is simply not immersive. The ST is more than capable of a direct port. Check out this comparison video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OwRwTLZ7eQ

The Apple II, Intellivision, and ColecoVision systems all had ports that were VASTLY superior. Look, I am not trying to convince the op that the ST version isn't fun to play. That's a matter of taste. But a "great conversion", as it was described, this is not. Not by a long shot.

Everything is long and thin, instead of plump and cartoony. The animations are stiff and mechanical. The backgrounds and other visual styling suggests no story. The experience is simply not immersive. The ST is more than capable of a direct port. Check out this comparison video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OwRwTLZ7eQ

The Apple II, Intellivision, and ColecoVision systems all had ports that were VASTLY superior. Look, I am not trying to convince the op that the ST version isn't fun to play. That's a matter of taste. But a "great conversion", as it was described, this is not. Not by a long shot.

Why does it have to be an exact copy. I love the ST version. In the eye of the beholder

Why does it have to be an exact copy. I love the ST version. In the eye of the beholder

It has to be an exact copy because it is named "Burger Time" and is offered by the op as a "great conversion of the arcade". If it was called "Sandwich Shop" and described as a "great clone" of Burger Time, I would have nothing to say except, perhaps, that I do not care for it in general.

Edited by pixelmischief
  • Like 2

Was called Burger Man on the Amiga and yeah... this is amateur hour/public domain quality stuff to be sure, not a proper port. Remember those ads in the back of magazines, where you'd send $10 in for 10 disks chock full of games? This was the kind of stuff you expect in such offers. ;)

post-13896-0-62660500-1475685723_thumb.png post-13896-0-79090400-1475685733_thumb.png

..even Hamburger Heaven got a better rating: :rolling:

post-13896-0-86576100-1475685896_thumb.png post-13896-0-80249000-1475685786_thumb.png

Not saying there isn't *some* enjoyment to be had with ports like these, so to each their own!