attachicon.gifIMG_1259.JPG

and his nephew were very kind to help ensure these

attachicon.gifIMG_1105.JPG

and this

attachicon.gifIMG_1250.JPG

made their way safely to Vancouver so that now my KC collection looks like this

attachicon.gifIMG_1251.JPG

(Oh, and Tarzilla was helpful too.) :grin:

I hope you've all enjoyed my 2016 pickups thread, here's hoping I'll add some more cool things to it before 2016 comes to a close.

Thanks again to all that helped me build my Inty museum this year and in the past as well. :thumbsup:

Dogzilla was riding shotgun on the wrapped and padded KC. I wouldn't trust Canada Post or FedEx to get it there, let alone in one piece. Great waste of money collection expansion, most of us would never see this stuff otherwise. Thanks for posting pics.

PS

I'm still not going to write you a homebrew for the KC, no matter how many of Rev's My Little Ponies you offer me.

Back in the spring I took my son to his first retrogaming expo, VRGE. It's a small show and I wasn't expecting to find much but I did find a couple of nice pickups.

Firstly, I added to my table top collection...

attachicon.gifIMG_1239.JPG

Secondly, I found what appeared to be just Inty commons...

attachicon.gifIMG_1230.JPG

turns out they weren't...

attachicon.gifIMG_1231.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1232.JPG

I'd never seen nor heard of Ciro Investments before now. Scans will be heading to Steve for his site.

Well crap, how many things like this have I missed because I didn't pick up the commons and inspect them thoroughly?

Now on to the really cool stuff....

As part of my hardware collection, I'm big on collecting controllers for the Inty. I didn't have either of these sealed and now I do. Also a nice CIB Inty 2 controller.

attachicon.gifIMG_1125.JPG

I have plans for an Inty controllers and accessories thread in the future as well.

Thank you for showing the inside of the Inty II Controller box as mine is still sealed. :)

I generally hate to encourage behavior like this. :)

But that is an awesome collection, thanks for sharing!

It would be great to have a real website (or a microsite in an established site) that shows the stuff is a real museum style. A lot of things are pretty close to being one-of-a-kind; there might be other items like yours on the planet but realistically no one is going to see them. Maybe some site modeled after other usable museum sites?

Also, what is the estimated count of MTE carts left in he world? I got one in the mid-90's "just because" and now am curious about the estimated quantity that have survived to this day. I'm not interested in the eBay value, just wondering how many there are...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, this thread has been a long time coming, in fact, it was meant to be my 10000th post. Better late than never I suppose....

At this point in my collecting for Inty career, it's increasingly hard to find stuff I need/want....or so I thought. :-D

Thanks to a number of friends here on AA and my Paypal account, it turns out that 2016 has been quite fun for me collecting wise and I thought I'd share some of my best finds with the fine folks in the Inty forums.

We'll start this with a couple of non Inty pickups that came from a buddy I play baseball with who knows that I collect old school games and apparently came across someone at work who had these available for free...

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

Now I haven't collected for either of these before, but they appear to be in great shape and I believe they work. Do I really want to go down this path?

Are you willing to part with the C=64?

When I started tracing my roots online fueled by nostalgia over 10 years ago, I was actually looking for a Commodore 64, since I had one as a kid. I then came across an Intellivision in eBay, and forgot all about it.

I'd take it off your hands if you're willing... :)

dZ.

Labels? Different! Scans I must see!

Ok, I was really sluggish getting these pictures take, but here you go. Notice how the label on the left has sharp corners on the bottom but is rounded on the top. I suppose it is possible that this is a non-standard label because of that and that the font does not look like the later INTV label fonts.

post-37124-0-12865100-1474845280_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, I was really sluggish getting these pictures take, but here you go. Notice how the label on the left has sharp corners on the bottom but is rounded on the top. I suppose it is possible that this is a non-standard label because of that and that the font does not look like the later INTV label fonts.

attachicon.gif 2016-09-25 15.01.38 - shrunk.jpg

A homemade label?

• 4 years later...
On 9/8/2016 at 2:34 PM, cmart604 said:

Back in the spring I took my son to his first retrogaming expo, VRGE. It's a small show and I wasn't expecting to find much but I did find a couple of nice pickups.

Firstly, I added to my table top collection...

post-25458-0-22224500-1473320560_thumb.jpg

Secondly, I found what appeared to be just Inty commons...

post-25458-0-15319900-1473319932_thumb.jpg

turns out they weren't...

post-25458-0-26848000-1473320541_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-46575500-1473320552_thumb.jpg

I'd never seen nor heard of Ciro Investments before now. Scans will be heading to Steve for his site.

fun fact: for a short time I've been living 2 blocks away (literally!) from what looks like it was Ciro Investments Ltd. headquarters!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I found the mention of Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd. (the manufacturer of Intellivision games, consoles and accessories in Hong Kong) in "International Electronics Directory '90: The Guide to European Manufacturers, Agents and Applications" (C. G. Wedgwood, Elsevier, 22 Oct 2013) and, surprise!, their headquarter had the same address as Ciro Investments Ltd.

20210920_234102.jpg

20210920_234510.jpg

The mysterious Ciro Investments Ltd. was very probably nothing but Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd. operating in the local market under a different business name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I found the mention of Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd. (the manufacturer of Intellivision games, consoles and accessories in Hong Kong) in "International Electronics Directory '90: The Guide to European Manufacturers, Agents and Applications" (C. G. Wedgwood, Elsevier, 22 Oct 2013) and, surprise!, their headquarter had the same address as Ciro Investments Ltd.

20210920_234102.jpg

20210920_234510.jpg

The mysterious Ciro Investments Ltd. was very probably nothing but Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd. operating in the local market under a different business name.

Awesome discovery Sherlock!??

• Haha 1