Pick  

11 members have voted

1. 1. your poison!

• Joust
    • Robotron 2084
    • Pac-Man
    • Mixed bag (see post below)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Mister VCS's selection. well almost as we have already played River Raid this season ;)

Poll closes after current round

[there will be a chance to catch up on missed rounds soon]

Joust

joust.png

Robotron 2084

robotron_2084.png

Pac-Man

pac-man.png

Mixed bag of small games including: Carnival Massacre, Cloud Burst

carnival_massacre.pngcloudburst.png

• Like 1

It's been quite a while since I've played in the HSC. I've been distracted by my Bally Arcade/Astrocade (I still am, actually). A few days ago I rebuilt my 2600 controls with the rebuild kit from Best Electronics. I figured I should play the current game on the high score club to give them a good workout. I'll make sure to do that by Sunday.

In the meantime I voted for Cloudburst, as I remembered really enjoying Nice & Game's video review of the game:

It's a pretty weird looking shooter-- but that's part of the attraction of these lesser-known titles: they're unusual!

Adam

• Like 1

So looks like we need a couple more gems for the Mixed Bag - suggestions welcome - let's say ideally not played in the HSC before and a small/fun game :)

I've been playing a lot of a game called Cosmic Raiders on the Astrocade lately. This is an exclusive game to that console. The game looks similar to, but does not play like, Defender. If anyone knows of a game like Cosmic Raiders on the Atari home computer, then please put it forward.

Since most people probably have no idea what Cosmic Raiders is... here's a video review of the game:

If no one has any suggestions for a game like Cosmic Raiders, then I'd like to play Star Island. It's a Star Castle clone from 1982-- and it's pretty good. Maybe it's been played in the HSC before... I don't know.

Adam

• Like 1

Cosmic Raiders looks a nice game, is the Astrocade a 6502 machine?

No, the Bally Arcade/Astrocade is a Z80 system with three custom chips used for sound and graphics. It was supposed to be released in 1977, but due to issues, the first systems didn't ship until January 1978.

Anyway, now back to the Atari...

Adam

• Like 1

It's kind of in the same vein as "Dafuzz" but what about Getaway? The goal is simple, but it gets very challenging as the game goes on. :)

Again I think Getaway is ok for a full round - we also have the version with a new map to play (from the Antic guys)...

I've been booting up a few random games and have found a few that look ok :D