IGNORED

Help with identification...

dbpbandit

Can someone please take a look at this image and tell me what this part is? Also, if someone could tell me how I could acquire one, that would be great. I am missing this part on my board and I think that is why I have no sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

http://www.premierbev.com/images/tetris.jpg

Dave...

David Pasquinelli

dave@pasquinellifamily.com

WebMaster, PasquinelliFamily.com

Visit us on the web at

www.pasquinellifamily.com

post-2978-1051897172_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the response. I must be missing both parts, I thought it was all 1 part. The only thing on the board is 2 empty holes... Any idea where I could get a replacement?

Thanks.

Dave...

David Pasquinelli

Visit us on the web at

The heat sink will have 2 bolt holes, but the amp should have more holes if it's missing. They're often a single row of pins. Maybe 8 pins? Does it look like a chip has been broken off?

If it is mising you might be able to figure out what it is by following the traces. If you can follow the speaker wires to the edge of the board and then follow them across the board to the holes. You could figure out the output pins, you should be able to trace 12v and ground to the holes as well. Then you could look at the common amps and maybe figure out one that would work with the pinouts you need.

You might ask on Rec.games.video.arcade.collecting as well. Somebody there could probably tell you. I don't have that board myself.

Dave

Yes, there are about 8 small holes between the larger holes for the heat sink. The holes are empty so it looks like it was removed. I will check on Rec.games and also my local electronics store. Maybe I will get lucky now that I know that it is an amp that I am looking for.

Thanks very much for your help.

Dave...

David Pasquinelli

Visit us on the web at

Once you find out what amp it is you should be able to order one from Jameco, Mouser or even your local Radio Shack. There are some amps that were used on arcade games that are no longer made but there are instructions for modifying your board to use a newer style. It's just a matter of swapping pins to where they are supposed to be.

Dave

Archived