IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew game on Kickstarter -- Bigfoot Family Search

SoulBlazer

Was checking Kickstarter today for new and interesting things and came across this, and sharing in case anyone on here may be interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1468389582/bigfoot-family-search-for-the-atari-2600-homebrew?ref=category_ending_soon

The game has already reached it's funding level with 10 days left.

• Like 2

I developed this game but am not involved in the Kickstarter. As I understand it you pledge money to support whatever project is going on. The guy starting the Kickstarter has tiers of "thank you" gifts.

Sometimes those gifts are changed due to unforseen events. Sometimes the Kickstarter gifts never come.

Bobby has the finished game I made. I *think* CPUWIZ made the carts. So, not much risk involved.

How doe Kickstarter "work"? I have never pledged to one before. Wouldn't mind picking this up.

You just select a tier that is right for you and pledge. money isn't taken from you until the project is funded and completed. If funding is unsuccessful, then you aren't charged.

when your item ships out is heavily depending on the campaign owner and if they already have parts and such.

• 2 months later...

So I received my game in the mail today with a crushed box as they only used a bubble mailer for shipping. :/ I can't find any contact information on the Kickstarter page as it says they are not connected via Facebook as there is no email address. Any idea how to get ahold of them so hopefully i can get this replaced?

Seriously, haven't we all learned by now the issues with using just a bubble padded mailer??? *sigh*

image1.JPG

Is there a postal mailing address on the outside packaging/bubble envelope?

Yes, but I had hoped we were technologically advanced enough beyond having to write them a snail mail letter! lol Was just wondering if anyone knew or had a contact for them. I goolged the game, the kickstarter, and the name of their group and nothing came up. I'll keep looking...

Actually, I was able to get in touch with him via Kickstarter after all. He is taking care of things and sending me a new box, but it also looks like other people had the same problems as well. Really surprised anyone would mail in a bubble envelope. Seems like a real rookie mistake, IMO. But nice of them to ship out a replacement box.

• 2 weeks later...

He sent out a copy to me two weeks ago. So, I think he is actually shipping product. He didn't talk about a ROM release.

No talk about a sequel yet but any feedback people give me will go into the next dungeon romp / rougle-like I make :)

Good to know. I'll definitely let you know after I play it. Keep 'em coming Gemintronic.

• Like 1

My name is in there simply because I supported the Kickstarter campaign, I had nothing to do with anything. :(

But, the look on my wife's face when I left the page of the manual open on the table for 5 days and she finally noticed was priceless!

Edited by Sapicco
  • Like 2