IGNORED

New Atari Jaguar Game by Piko Interactive

marchizilla

Cynical or factual? Has he been back since his post? Since 90+% of his posts after he drops a link to his job--errr, YouTube channel? When was the last time he posted in here?

I'm BACK!

Honestly...I didn't have Follow this Topic checked...which is why it didn't show up on my radar. But basically I reached out to Piko Interactive when I was writing the script for this video and looking for news items to cover. They quickly wrote up a press release, emailed me the cover art and also captured the gameplay for me. They really busted this out quickly since I gave them like 12 hours.

• Like 3

Thanks again to everyone!

I decided not to include saving option to this game as it wouldn't be relevant. And yes the box art is the final one, as it is the Amiga version one!

Was anything new added to take advantage of the Jag's hardware capabilities?

If Custodian is successful, would you consider porting over some of your upcoming SNES/Genesis releases?

I'd love to play that Iron Commando game on the Jaguar, as well as the other titles.

Edited by SuperDork3000
  • Like 2

And yes the box art is the final one, as it is the Amiga version one!

On a purely aesthetic level, I like the Amiga artwork, but I'm wondering why the Jaguar logo isn't the same as on all other Jag related merch? It looks a bit like someone squished it under their feet ;)

The logo is because we dont have a license or right to use the logo for commercial use. Atari is a lawsuit friendly company and I am more than sure that they will cause a problem.

While I understand that, it's like SuperDork3000 said, it has been used on many Atari Jaguar releases.

While the box art looks cool, the Jaguar logo that you designed doesn't look pretty, rather awful imo.

http://www.songbird-productions.com/

Been in business since '99.

Do they do this full-time? have they released any game on other platforms like Steam? licensed by Nintendo or Xbox/Microsoft? if they only do homebrew releases I understand why they would take the risk. Hasbro opened the Jag to licensed developers in my understanding, if there is anything out there that might prove that it was open to anyone then yeah I would change it.

If not, all I would need is a waive of liability form signed by you... (Joke!)

I need to look more into it if the logo for unlicensed releases is going to be a problem for Jag community. May be this would be have to be our only release at the end of the day :/.

You guys do you and what you think is best when releasing your games. = ) I've put in knowing this is testing the water for you guys.

All I need is an article or something from a good/official source that proves the Jag logo is open to use or something along the lines to use it in any case Atari comes knocking on my door. We are under their radar already, and have had sour experiences with them :/ (current Atari SA management).

This helps but it is not enough:

http://www.atariage.com/Jaguar/archives/HasbroRights.html

If I can find that press release from IGN or a Magazine or Hasbro themselves we are good to go.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 1