IGNORED

Lynx original artwork paintings

Buyatari

Great art pieces and very nicely framed.

Some mat color choices are a bit weird though (in particular - a cream mat for Xenophobe?)

The reuse of the Asteroids ship is awkward indeed - always thought that this cover was a rush composition made by an art director, surprised to see that it was an actual painting.

Odd they went so blant with this on. Gates of Zendecon might not have been a sensation, but it was solid enough to deserve a more memorable cover.

A pity about the smear in the Ms Pac-Man painting - one of my favorite Lynx covers!

Dig these! Michael Mendheim did the Cyberball and Xeno ones. He is actually in the Chicago area near me and also created the original (and current) Mutant League Football games.

He did Fester's Quest as well but obviously not for the Lynx.

I've never met him but several years ago he was kind enough to respond to my email to tell me he had no art for sale. :(

Fascinating - what's the story behind this and are these yours? If so, how did you acquire them if you don't mind sharing? Very cool! =D

Ok let's see.

Basketbrawl was done by Roger Motzkus.

He also painted the covers of Doom for PS1 and Powerslave for Sega Saturn / PS1

I contacted Roger several years and purchased all 3 of these directly from him.

You can see his Basketbrawl in the bottom row of the sports illustrations here.

http://www.motzkusart.com/sports.html

Here you can see the Doom and Powerslave artwork. Another game collector purchased the Streets of Rage pieces.

http://www.motzkusart.com/fantasy.html

Edited by Buyatari

The National Enquirer MUST know....WHO HAS THESE! This pure freakin' cool gaming history. These are valuable, or will be someday. I love it. I have artist friends that would drool over these. Plus, they are Atari related. How cool are those? These need to be in the public view someday, in a gaming museum. I wonder if Jack or Sam EVER appreciated these while they hung in the Atari Hallwaays? Yummmy.

The National Enquirer MUST know....WHO HAS THESE! This pure freakin' cool gaming history. These are valuable, or will be someday. I love it. I have artist friends that would drool over these. Plus, they are Atari related. How cool are those? These need to be in the public view someday, in a gaming museum. I wonder if Jack or Sam EVER appreciated these while they hung in the Atari Hallwaays? Yummmy.

Atari artwork is very rare as Atari didn't feel the same way that you do. An Atari employee who took the first picture told me that most of the framed paintings that you see in the first picture were thrown into a dumpster. Only a few of them survived. I have Cyberball and another collector here has Vindicators. Rampart and one other sport game were also known to have been saved at that time but I'm uncertain where they are today. Most of the others if not all of them were thought to have been destroyed.

The other pictures (Ms Pac-Man, Basketbrawl, Double Dragon and Kung Food) are personal pictures taken by me. I'm open to doing an exhibit with them if the interest exists.

Pieces not pictured here are unknown. It is feared that most did not survive but we just don't know. Trust me when I say that I have tried my best to track down all that I could. So if you have one or know of one that does still exist I too would like to see them.