IGNORED

Wireless 6 button controller for PC or Xbox 360 - do they exist?

Amstari

Has anyone ever seen a wireless 6 button (like the Genesis/Megadrive) controller for the PC or Xbox 360?

I'm using wireless 360 controllers with my PC but the D-pad is terrible and I would like to have 6 buttons on the face, even if they are just the shoulder buttons remapped.

I have found USB wired Genesis controllers, and also 6 button Xbox 360 wired controller like the picture below but there does not seem to be a wireless one.

post-27767-0-98034600-1474866120_thumb.jpg

Exactly the controller you're showing, if I'm not mistaken has a PS3 version that is wireless with a dongle. It's supposed to be crap though... So..... yeah.

I know and won tons of controllers. I don't know of any 6 button wireless. The problem is, for the modern market 6 face buttons are a fighting game thing. And since tournaments require a wired controller, most fighting game controllers are built wired.

This is still an interesting question. I'll do some research. If you want to beat me to the punch try the shoryuken forums. Just don't mind the bickering and fights between users over there. You know. It's a fighting gaming community over there. LOL

• Like 1

Thanks for doing research. I know about the lag issue but a few frames of lag wont make a difference to me.

I've looked at wireless USB hubs, but I think I will have to go wired to do this. I've already got a HDMI cable from the PC to the lounge room so I will do the same with a USB extension cable.

Oh, no. No Lag. Wireless controllers don't usually have that much lag TBH. The PS3 SFIV fightpads that use the dongle they seem to stop working for no reason. If you can find one super cheap you can risk it, but I have seen multiple reports of these controllers stopping to work.

What do you want to use it for?

For PS3/PC: https://www.amazon.com/Allstars-Brawl-Pad--Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B007FERVZ6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1475005419&sr=8-286&keywords=fightpad&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=25c6baa1823dbbc7a54b759ab5f161b6

For the 360 I haven't found anything, but I'll keep looking. In the meanwhile it would help to know what you are going to use it for.

I originally wanted it to play Sega Genesis games on the PC. I've already got the Xbox 360 wireless receiver on the PC so a wireless controller that would connect to that would be perfect.

It would also be great for arcade game emulation. Although the Xbox 360 controller has more than enough buttons I like the six button layout better.

The only other possibility I know of is the Hori Tekken arcade stick for xbox 360. It's kinda trashy, but could fit your needs. It's a wireless xbox 360 stick. Not sure wether it actually connects to the dongle though, you'd have to look for that.

I know of nothing else out there.

I found this: http://einfogames.com/news/retro-bit-to-debut-new-classic-controllers/

post-27767-0-52544800-1475120380_thumb.jpg

But it doesn't seem they ever made the controller. Launch date was going to be Fall 2013.

The arcade sticks are interesting, not what I'm looking for but I might still get one. A few years ago I was going to make a MAME cabinet but never made it so I just used some of the parts to make an arcade stick. It works great but it is bulky and needs to be on a desk. The Hori and 8bitdo ones I could use while one the lounge.