IGNORED

TTX Tech SNES Controllers

NinjaWarrior

The Buffalo SNES controller is great value and personally I find it better than the 8BitDo. But it's wired only.

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=11a10d5f1a5669c40a9c5445f556e6d3

The 8BitDo is still a great device, just in comparison the buttons are a less mushy than the original SNES controller. Both have a good DPad so safe choices.

Does the Cirka Pad have a Mushy D-pad?

No. From what I understand the Cirka controller is copied from the original SNES controller. The shoulder buttons have metal pins for hinges, there's more to the pcb support in the mold. That's the "premium" part. The TTX controllers are actually based on the later released SNES Jr. controller, which was of a budget design to go along with the new console. The shoulder buttons have plastic tabs for hinges, and there's less in the way of support for the pcb.

The Buffalo SNES controller is great value and personally I find it better than the 8BitDo. But it's wired only.

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-USB-Gamepad-PC/dp/B002B9XB0E/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=11a10d5f1a5669c40a9c5445f556e6d3

The 8BitDo is still a great device, just in comparison the buttons are a less mushy than the original SNES controller. Both have a good DPad so safe choices.

That may be your finding, however the buffalo controller is a USB controller from my understanding. We're talking about controllers that work with the actual SNES.

We're talking about controllers that work with the actual SNES.

Argh. You're right, for that the 8bitDo dongle and wireless controllers are really good, I use them with both my SNES and NES. I also like it's quite versatile, I've used a PS3 controller with them as well.

Edited by Newsdee