IGNORED

Decals?

Sinphaltimus

Do you guys use decals? Not stickers.

I'm planning to add a reset switch and button to my peb. One for ti reset, the other for gotek. The buttons are identical and not that I would need it, but I think they would look a lot better "labelled".

The model hobby came to mind. Those decals you would cut out then wet in water and carefully apply to models.

Do those exist for typefaces?

In very small sizes for button labelling?

Do any if you have a direct source you'd recommend?

Perhaps I should visit a hobby and/or craft store?

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Hey guys thanks for turning me on to these. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: --- I'll be able to put them to use on my next project.

ONE WORD OF WARNING: Take your time picking who you order from.

I chose poorly and am only getting 5 sheets. There is another auction where you can get 10 sheets for the same price. :skull:

gallery_35324_1027_24285.jpg

This sure beats spending $40.00 on a label maker that only prints text. I just might redo the labels on my P-Box too!

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for turning me on to these. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: --- I'll be able to put them to use on my next project.

ONE WORD OF WARNING: Take your time picking who you order from.

I chose poorly and am only getting 5 sheets. There is another auction where you can get 10 sheets for the same price. :skull:

This sure beats spending $40.00 on a label maker that only prints text. I just might redo the labels on my P-Box too!

I just can't resist. From Indian Jones and The Last Crusade!

post-35187-0-82318400-1475164623_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Do you guys use decals? Not stickers.

I'm planning to add a reset switch and button to my peb. One for ti reset, the other for gotek. The buttons are identical and not that I would need it, but I think they would look a lot better "labelled".

The model hobby came to mind. Those decals you would cut out then wet in water and carefully apply to models.

Do those exist for typefaces?

In very small sizes for button labelling?

You could use Letraset Transfer sheets.

Back before the days of layout software and vector line art programs like Corel Draw or Illustrator, we used to use Letraset sheets for manual layout, that were then passed on to the printing house. I still use them for all kinds of home projects. (Letraset also makes THE best 2-sided tape, bar none... it's no more than a thin strip of adhesive, it even works for repairing/replacing cartridge labels).

Their stuff isn't cheap , but the end results can look factory applied since each letter is die-cut vinyl (you just need an exacto knife to apply them). Products are available at any decent art-supply house, and I believe their character sheets come from about 4 point to 72 point and larger.

Here's a LINK to the Letraset transfer sheet page.

And if you don't buy anything else, buy a roll of their two sided tape! Worth every penny!

• Like 5

You could use Letraset Transfer sheets.

Back before the days of layout software and vector line art programs like Corel Draw or Illustrator, we used to use Letraset sheets for manual layout

Oh yeah, I remember those! Radio Shack even sold those dry transfer rub on lettering things way back in the early 1980's. The were GREAT, especially since not many of us had printers back then. In fact, that is what I used to make this Video Chess keyboard strip back in the day. Once I put on the lettering, I covered it with clear tape. It's held up pretty well the past 33 years.

gallery_35324_1027_407568.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...