IGNORED

O2 Case Mod

SabertoothRetro

Here are some picks of a WIP case and AV mod for the O2. Should have it done by the weekend. You don't see too many O2s that have been case modded so I though that I'd share.

The silver was wrecked when I picked this up so it was a good candidate for a refurb. It is the model with detachable controllers. These were dead but I harvested the cables and rewired some CX-40s.

Anyone else ever paint an O2? Show us your pics!

post-26371-0-70185400-1475351182_thumb.jpeg

post-26371-0-28724400-1475351201_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Dang, that's tight! Awesome logo, too. :thumbsup:

This reminds me of the Odyssey 2000 dedicated system, with the red/silver/black color scheme. What did you use to paint it?

Thanks!

I used Krylon Fusion (Red Pepper). It's supposedly formulated for adhesion to plastics. I sanded the silver with fine grit paper before the first coat and used #0000 steel wool between each subsequent dusting. It has about 8-9 coats on it and seems to have hardened pretty well.

• Like 2

Wow! that looks SWEET! I'm planning on doing one soon. I've been looking for a good match for the original silver but that is not turning out to be something that is easy to find.

Before I painted it I wanted to complete the composite video out, audio out and RGB out and I just finished those so painting is next!

• Like 2

Wow! that looks SWEET! I'm planning on doing one soon. I've been looking for a good match for the original silver but that is not turning out to be something that is easy to find.

Before I painted it I wanted to complete the composite video out, audio out and RGB out and I just finished those so painting is next!

Thanks! I looked at a few metallics before settling on a red that was close to the red on the keyboard. Would love to see the pics when you're finished.

Did you remove the sticker around the cartridge slot to paint, mask it off or something else? I'm trying to decide how to handle that since I am trying to save that sticker like you did.

I fully disassembled the console, separating the top case, removing the keyboard, power switch and sticker. Because the sticker is metal backed, I was able to peel it off very slowly without any damage. I cleaned off the remnants of the original adhesive on the sticker with Goo Gone and used double sided tape to put it back down.