IGNORED

Anybody seen or heard from Sloopy?

NML32

Sorry, I have not been online much lately beyond looking for a job... I am still around, but have no money at the moment...

Please note, there HAVE been some VBXE's shipped... some as recently as a couple months ago (yes, I know still no excuse), but just so it is known, I am not 'shirking'... I am just being very slow...

the people who have gotten them, I will ask them in message if they will post in here to let others know they ARE being shipped... I should have 3-4 done in the next week or so and will ship them according to the list.

sloopy.

• Like 1

Sorry, I have not been online much lately beyond looking for a job... I am still around, but have no money at the moment...

Please note, there HAVE been some VBXE's shipped... some as recently as a couple months ago (yes, I know still no excuse), but just so it is known, I am not 'shirking'... I am just being very slow...

the people who have gotten them, I will ask them in message if they will post in here to let others know they ARE being shipped... I should have 3-4 done in the next week or so and will ship them according to the list.

sloopy.

Sloopy, what about me why am I still waiting? I sent you my 600 XL, VBXE, Ultamate 1meg, and paid you up front for the upgrade so no parts had to be made.

As a person who knows what its like to have your world turn upside down in a horribly bad way I can see how easy it is to just forget commitments and just allowing yourself to wallow in the mess that is going on around you, sadly its not fair on every one, you have to try and muddle through and remember the other folks, contact them, some will understand, some won't but to just ignore them is the wrong path, so I hope you can honour those commitments ASAP Sloopy

Trust me, I know what its like but I've got people who rely on me to keep it together as much as I just want to curl up in a ball most days.

Hoping all this gets sorted as soon as possible, we are not a massive community so things like this make it uneasy...Respect to all.

Paul.

• Like 6

As a person who knows what its like to have your world turn upside down in a horribly bad way I can see how easy it is to just forget commitments and just allowing yourself to wallow in the mess that is going on around you, sadly its not fair on every one, you have to try and muddle through and remember the other folks, contact them, some will understand, some won't but to just ignore them is the wrong path, so I hope you can honour those commitments ASAP Sloopy

Trust me, I know what its like but I've got people who rely on me to keep it together as much as I just want to curl up in a ball most days.

Hoping all this gets sorted as soon as possible, we are not a massive community so things like this make it uneasy...Respect to all.

Paul.

Very well said Paul!

The truth is what a sloopy creditor, like me, should do is force it into court under bankruptcy laws, and then we could write off our loss....I am assuming we wont see even a partial return on our investment. Not being worth it to me, I have just forgiven the debt.

Bk would have better in some ways, to close this chapter. What if I did receive a vbxe 15 years from now. In order to enjoy having a vbxe I had to buy one years ago. The loss was taken no matter what sloopy does now. Feelings could heal except the episode is still ongoing...thats why i favor bk. Legally it is a final answer.

We all take our losses..I understand if some of you feel differently. The episode sucks but I would hate to still be waiting. That is misery.

Sloopy was always and I mean always willing to give me additional promises. But after a while, whats the point.

I would not collect an additional promise from him. I am not saying just always let go whenever you take a loss. .i am just saying for me I could take it to court, I dont because it isnt in my best interest to do so. I made the decision. So i have moved on.

And Jesus said - "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

I only want to say that one part of our life is absolutely defined by us!..

But there is another!!!

And may be this part is NOT DEFINED at all!

I just wish Sloopy well - and he will fulfill his duty!

Please, beleive me.

EZ

• Like 1

Sloopy, what about me why am I still waiting? I sent you my 600 XL, VBXE, Ultamate 1meg, and paid you up front for the upgrade so no parts had to be made.

Wow, does sloopy still have the parts you sent. That would be my first question. Slow is one thing, selling off your stuff is another.

I didn't see him reply, I would think 5 years would make you first on the list to make right?

• Like 1

He has replied but I hope he's mailing direct contact with these people as its a private matter that he may not want to go in to on the forum, reconnecting with these folk is the first and most important part of the process and followed asap by the actual goods, 5 years is a considerable time to wait with no contact, many would say its going down the theft avenue, be better than that. Don't let these folk down any more than you have already done sloopy, give their money the same respect you now give yours and honour the deal if you have the parts.

At the very least TALK to these folk although I suspect all they want is either money back or their hardware back with the promised upgrades..

Some might ask why I care, well its because these very same folk have been there for me in ways beyond just being a voice on a forum, they have helped me, helped my daughter and provided wonderful software and chat from simple re opening of memories to brilliant help but most of all friendship.

That is worth a great deal to me and I just want to see them done right by forum people...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 4

"Looking for a job." "No money right now.' Sounds like Sloopy doesn't currently have a job... safe to say? In that case he should have plenty of time to perform the upgrades he promised. If he cannot afford to ship items, perhaps he could be sent prepaid shipping labels (not more money). Of course that presumes he still has the hardware people sent him to do the upgrades and hasn't sold them off, pocketed the money, then spent it all away, or that he just hasn't left things behind in his several moves.

I never let anyone deceived.
I have never betrayed anyone.

And the reason - is extremely simple. And it is banal.

I simply did not promise anything to anyone!

Now, I can imagine that if I promised someone something, I would instantly become a public person !!!

And then Life - is Life...
All my public promises can go to the devil just on the vagaries of life.

And I did not throw a stone in the one who wanted to help someone!

But... Unsuccessfully!

Sounds like Sloopy doesn't currently have a job... safe to say? In that case he should have plenty of time to perform the upgrades he promised.

Actually looking for a job can be a full time job. It's not just 'fire off a few resumes and sit back' anymore.

• Like 3

Actually looking for a job can be a full time job. It's not just 'fire off a few resumes and sit back' anymore.

So it is said and repeated. And yet, I've never known or heard of anyone personally who actually spends 8 or more solid hours a day at it. And as I remember, it never was fire a few resumes and sit back. Before the on-line methods became the norm, you had to buy & read physical newspapers, and get out and beat the pavement with your feet a substantial amount and talk to employers (and retrieve those paper applications). I would say modern efficiencies have actually reduced the amount of time and effort it takes, though I agree that looking for a job still can take a fair amount of time.

I prob know less than most here and never spoke to Sloopy directly - but I gather from the past history shortly after he collected the money/assets his wife started divorce proceedings and any money on hand is then locked down. No idea if money sitting in any bank account was then evenly split to her. He also lost his job at some point during this whole mess. With kids and everything else going on I dont think VBXE was at the top of the list.

I believe he has stated he has the core parts, but when you have 0 money the last thing you will spend $$$ on are the additional bits needed to finish and also pay for shipping out.

It would be nice if some of the folks who have gotten their hardware returned recently would chime up - that would atleast verify that Slooppy continues to finish this as time and $$$ permit.

I also agree that it would be nice if Sloopy could verify he still has peoples stuff in his possession after all the turmoil.