IGNORED

Anybody seen or heard from Sloopy?

NML32

In my case Sloopy didn't need to buy or make any boards since I sent him everything. I've told Sloopy that I would pay to have my stuff shipped back.

Doesn't anyone think in 5 years he could have found enough time to finish and get my stuff back to me?

Edited by NML32
  • Like 1

In my case Sloopy didn't need to buy or make any boards since I sent him everything. I've told Sloopy that I would pay to have my stuff shipped back.

Doesn't anyone think in 5 years he could have found enough time to finish and get my stuff back to me?

I think it is absurd and being that long do you really expect anything back .

• Like 1

Sorry to hear NML32, sounds like you were well and truly taken to the cleaners...

Its good we know all the facts and the fact it shows that all Sloopy had to do was simply do the work is a terrible issue that never needed to have happened...

The more you see the more it seem to suggest that sloopy just gave up caring about the customers...

As I said initially I can appreciate how people can get demolished by personal issues but the more you hear it simply sounds like Sloopy just gave up bothering...

Sad and disgusting if true....

Sorry NML32, you have our best wishes...

Paul...

• Like 1

With someone else I waited a year and a half for a project. That involved a natural disaster and the modder having to move.

There's no excuse for five years without a coma being involved.

Just a newb's two cents.

• Like 1

I waited a year and a half for a project. That involved a natural disaster and the modder having to move.

There's no excuse for five years without a coma being involved.

Just a newb's two cents.

True that, but sometimes people break in funny ways. One of my favorite analogies is why boxers have to quit boxing. They still have the skills, reflexes, and knowledge that should make them formidable in the ring, but they can no longer 'pull the trigger.' Pull the trigger is a euphemism for being able to throw a punch. I mean they understand perfectly what is called for but after being worn down by the slings and arrows of a career in the ring, they just can't get their brain to fire a punch.

I see it a lot and in a lot of ways in my personal life. Sheesh! I'm not the man I used to be either. Simple stuff like building a fire during the winter has changed to turning on a heater. My older brother who used to restore ~dozen vintage cars/year is down to two/year and isn't taking on new projects because he knows he would have trouble finishing them.

• Like 3

@Sloopy could you at least prove to me that you still have my equipment?

1-600XL

1-VBXE

2-Ultimate 1meg (I ordered two from Candle and had them both shipped to sloopy to save some money on shipping charges)

Here's the important point.

If he still has the parts (in some cases expensive and hard to get), then that is one thing. He can return them.

If he sold them off, or used for himself, then that is an entirely different situation....

And on each of those, a different reaction is justified. One of course is appalling in my opinion.

• Like 1

I did get my gear back a little over a year or so ago. I had sent a 130xe, U1mb for installation and paid for a VBXE and its installation around November of 2011. It took several messages on here and me following him to Mirc but he did send back my original equipment. He also did a very nice job of installing the u1mb and pre-installing the connections for the vbxe when they get completed.

I am in the same VBXE PM with Sloopy, NML32 and several others. NML32 and others have been asking for updates and get excuses, unfulfilled promises or no responses for months at a time. That is unacceptable. I hope NML32 is able to get his equipment back and anyone else who is in the same boat.

I wish Sloopy well and hope he gets everything sorted out in his life. He does do very nice work and adds a definite value to the Atari community.

Best regards

Robert

Edited by venom4728a
  • Like 1

Seems rather overly harsh...I'd never give up on getting something back if it was my gear....Why just ley people get away with stuff?

Well I guess I didn't quite mean give up . I meant it is absurd that he has kept it for that long with no contact nor did he comment about it on this thread .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Seems Sloopys intentions are now clear, the head has been buried in the sand and people are simply forgotten about..

So sad, its the opposite of the normal manner in here, people could not be more caring but looks like Sloopy has just done the cheap easy part and stuffed people.

Cowardly.....At least return the parts if nothing else but to just write people off is cheap and nasty..I wonder if those 4 VBXE's he mentioned in his last post ever made their way out, if they didn't then its clear he cares nothing for those folk.

Epically un Christmas like behaviour...

Paul.

• Like 1

True that, but sometimes people break in funny ways. One of my favorite analogies is why boxers have to quit boxing. They still have the skills, reflexes, and knowledge that should make them formidable in the ring, but they can no longer 'pull the trigger.' Pull the trigger is a euphemism for being able to throw a punch. I mean they understand perfectly what is called for but after being worn down by the slings and arrows of a career in the ring, they just can't get their brain to fire a punch.

I see it a lot and in a lot of ways in my personal life. Sheesh! I'm not the man I used to be either. Simple stuff like building a fire during the winter has changed to turning on a heater. My older brother who used to restore ~dozen vintage cars/year is down to two/year and isn't taking on new projects because he knows he would have trouble finishing them.

Just had a chance to read this. I had to read it few times to fully appreciate it.

Words of wisdom.

Thank you

Just had a chance to read this. I had to read it few times to fully appreciate it.

Words of wisdom.

Thank you

True as it may be, it doesn't change the fact. I don't want him to do mods anymore, just to send me the u1mb. It is probably gone but I have to try a bit more, at least to tell me myself that I tried. I think he probably lost it.

True as it may be, it doesn't change the fact. I don't want him to do mods anymore, just to send me the u1mb. It is probably gone but I have to try a bit more, at least to tell me myself that I tried. I think he probably lost it.

I really don't think we should be expected to give up or loose our items and money.

In my opinion, those types of comments could give Sloopy the impression he owes his customers nothing.

Sloopy needs to man up and make good on his promises.

Edited by NML32

Look, for some of you, it was a lot more. For me, it was one u1mb. Maybe sloopy is going thru some problems and he is not able to admit that he doesn't have the parts or the time. Is it possible that he lost the parts? Last time (in 2013) he was still looking for my part.

I know some of you feel angry, which I did too, but I think is time to let it go. It is only one U1MB ... I had problems in my life before and I hope he is ok. I do hope he comeback to the forum and explains what's going.

At the same time, I don't want to minimize the problem and I know some of you, he has a lot more than one U1MB, and given that is so hard to get equipment, and that money doesn't come easy, Maybe I will be angrier, but I want to let go. If I get it back, fine. I do hope he comes and explains to the rest what happened to their parts and explain to me where is my U1MB.

Having said all of this, I'm not justifying his behavior, but at the same time, I'm not sure what else to do.