IGNORED

"I Hate Vegetables!"

atari2600land

Bob was minding his own business when all of a sudden, you pressed fire on your controller. Now stalks of celery are falling from the sky...and Bob hates celery! So what do you do? Don't touch it! Once the celery lands, it will glide in a direction. You can tell which direction it will slide once it reaches the ground by the way it's slanting. Bob can only move left and right and he can't jump. Bob will wrap around the screen (if he goes off the left side he will reappear on the right and vice versa). The celery will not. Once the celery gets off screen, a new trio of stalks will begin falling. You get a point for each trio you successfully dodge.

This is by no means finished, and I will keep working on this. Let me know your thoughts on the game.

ihatevegetables1.bas.bin

• Like 2

Good character animation! Right now it seems that you need to really watch the sky and be ready to react from the middle point of where the celery will fall.

Cute concept!

FUN FACT!!

Celery actually uses more calories to chew than is in it! You burn calories every time you eat celery!

(maybe make it so he starts really fat and slow and then drop different vegetables but when celery appears he can eat it to get skinnier and faster! Then he could 'hate' MOST vegetables and avoid them but only be interested in the weight loss aspects of celery!!)

• Like 1

I figured out that if you stay off to the sides, the game gets a lot easier. So I sped it up and added a cookie. Cookies always fall in the center of the screen and once they fall, they stay put. Instead of surviving falls, getting cookies nets you points. After 10 points, the game goes even faster.

ihatevegetables2.bas.bin

I got back to working on this. I was able to free up some room by not using pfcolors & background. But now I have a small problem: Bob is floating one pixel above the ground. I tried various things to try and remedy this, but I just can't do it. I think I should be able to make the ground one pixel higher because the extreme right side of the ground is where I want it to be (see picture), but I just can't make the rest of the ground be the same level like I want. Any help here? How would I make the ground be where I want it?

ihatevegetables4.bas

post-9475-0-22376700-1475969428_thumb.png

I sent a PM to RevEng and he said you can't move the score background up to meet the bottom of the sprite. "The blank area between the sprites and the score is where bB is repositioning both sprites for use with the score display, so even if the walking sprite wasn't blanked, it would be all kinds of messed up."

Great idea for a game! I hate vegetables too!

Makes me think of the "I Eat Cannibals" song.

I hate vegetables

They're execrable

They seem so inedible to me

I hate vegetables

Sorry, I need something to divert my attention from the terrible Ducks/Huskies game.

The guy is now running around randomly when the game isn't being played. Luckily for me, player0y=0 makes player0 off the screen.

EDIT: Since nobody downloaded version 5, I just put version 6 here.

ihatevegetables6.zip

Edited by atari2600land
  • Like 1