IGNORED

Psst! Where's Secret Santa?

DZ-Jay

Hi, guys,

I know it's probably still early to get this going, but I was wondering if people in the Intellivision forum would like to participate in a "Secret Santa" event this upcoming Christmas Season.

Last year I participated in a general cross-community one on AtariAge and had a blast, and I will participate again if given the chance, but I thought that we could have our own "Intellivision Themed" celebration as well. Especially since some of us are not able to go to PRGE and meet the rest, we can still enjoy and celebrate our community together.

By the way, I'm talking about the classic, good-natured, happy-for-everyone, "Secret Santa" game that keeps with the spirit of the Season; and none of that evil, bastardized edition they play at office parties with weird prank gifts and where individuals are allowed to "steal" other people's presents or veto their own Secret Santa gift (WTF is with that??). This shall be just some good old-fashion Christmas present gift-giving to friends and colleagues from around the Globe. :)

What do you think? Should we do it? I volunteer to organize it and take care of logistics for all, but would appreciate assistance if anybody is willing.

Cheers!

-dZ.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for posting their interest. I'll start a new thread when the proper time comes to take registrations and build the cross-gifting list. This one was just to see if there was interest and it seems there is. :)

-dZ.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a heads-up... I hear bells ajingling... ;)

P.S. There's is going to be an Official AtariAge Secret Santa event for the entire AtariAge community and I invite everyone to participate in that as well. However, the one we're talking about over here is different and not associated with that one at all. It's just a little shindig for the Intellivision community.

I think it would be good for our community especially since recently some of you have had a chance to meet each other in person. Besides, I love Christmas, so there. I just wanted to get that out of the way and not cause confusion. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

Is there a limit to how much a gift should cost?

There is no real limit, this is for fun. The details are in the main Mission: Secret Santa thread. I mentioned that the recommended budget is something between $15 and $35 USD.

However, it is really whatever someone wants to spend on making a stranger smile. It may be more, it may be less. It may be something you already have, or something you made yourself. It really does not matter, what counts is the spirit of gift-giving among the Intellivision Brotherhood. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1