IGNORED

PSVR (Morpheus)

CPUWIZ

Are you going to get it? I have been working with it for weeks, I think it is going to be the gateway. Many cables, but crisp display. No bull setup or configuration either.

I think all pre-orders are already gone, which is a good sign.

Come to think of it, maybe I posted this before. LOL

Was watching this tonight, its probably one of the better reviews from the big man I've seen that kind of shows you how it works:

I cant afford it but if I ever got one, I would get the PSVR instead of Valves HTC....seems to be the easiest to just fire up and play and love that rails horror game he's playing. Would like to see if the games improve and am curious to see if VR is finally here to stay down the road. Still want to see Battlezone in action.

Waiting for the PS4 Pro before picking up the PSVR but am definitely getting both. Have been wanting a real affordable, consumer VR headset since the Jaguar VR was announced and this is the ticket! I imagine in another year or so combo packages will eventually popup for $599 that include both the PS4 and PSVR. My buddy got his a few days ago but he pre-ordered. Looking forward to playing Driveclub VR and Rez Infinite - hopefully someone makes Cosmic Smash VR for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of surprised there isn't more feedback or users with PSVR posting in these sub-forums about their experiences/ownership. Maybe not that many AA users purchased one?

Pretty sure there's another thread dedicated to this with a lot of comments. Anyway, I have the Launch Bundle. It is indeed an insane amount of wires/connections, but well worth it. It's a supremely immersive experience quite unlike anything else that definitely points the way to the future of VR/AR/MR even if the present setup is exceedingly clunky.

• Like 1

I thought about it. But a couple of things stopped me:

1. I already have the Vive

2. The only game I had any remote interest in was the Until Dawn game

So right now, I'm going to hold off. Having way too much fun with the Vive even without AAA titles. So far, I've fought aliens/drones while standing on a space station (Space Pirate Trainer -- this best game I've seen so far), played fetch with a dog, took a trip through the body, drove a formula-1 race car, rode a roller coaster and more.

I've managed to also punch my ceiling fan once and tv a couple of times and nearly tripped and fell while trying to step forward. Thankfully nothing (including myself) has been broken.

Oh and the rec room? Kind of creepy to have someone walk up behind you and start talking to you. So you turn and look and their mouth is moving and they're waving to you. I didn't even play any of the real games...just played around in the lobby or whatever it was called shooting hoops, playing darts and picking up stuff and throwing it around. Heck, I even put a Gatorade bucket on my head just for the fun of it. Total blast!

So, not trying to turn this into a vive vs PSVR...just stating that right now I can't justify the additional purchase. Now when RE7 comes out...if the PC version doesn't get VR support, I'll definitely be looking to get one then. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm somewhat amazed there hasn't been more discussion on this.. The PSVR is pretty awesome (although expensive), I finally got to try one yesterday.

My buddy and I made a road trip to pick one up the day before, after he reserved one. So, after the cluster f*** of cables to hook up (which reminds me of the 'life support' like slew of cables and cords to hook up all those Genesis accessories BITD.), we popped in the demo disk and had at it. This was my first virtual reality experience and I had my doubts about how it would look, but after trying out a couple games, I was amazed. Looking around with the headset on is simply amazing and it definitely tricks you into feeling like you're in that world. It was almost even more entertaining watching my friends freak out.. You always have to keep in mind, it's just a game. :-)

Some things weren't crystal clear (almost like being drunk the way certain things looked) but it depends on the game. I prefer realistic looking visuals, instead of the cartoon like quality of some games but I can appreciate both. Although the demos were impressive, I never got to try an actual, full-on game. Out of all of them, playing the updated Battle Zone was one of the highlights.. A nod to one of my favorite Atari arcade games, but the game I liked the most so far was Rush of Blood. I hope to get a PS4 pro and VR next year hopefully, better start saving!

Some things weren't crystal clear (almost like being drunk the way certain things looked) but it depends on the game. I prefer realistic looking visuals, instead of the cartoon like quality of some games but I can appreciate both. Although the demos were impressive, I never got to try an actual, full-on game. Out of all of them, playing the updated Battle Zone was one of the highlights.. A nod to one of my favorite Atari arcade games, but the game I liked the most so far was Rush of Blood. I hope to get a PS4 pro and VR next year hopefully, better start saving!

That depends on what you mean by crystal clear. It will be a bit blurry if you don't have the headset adjusted perfectly. That's one of the hardest parts of the PSVR, particularly if you're trying to let guests try it. I try VERY hard to make sure they have a good fit, because if not, it can greatly degrade the experience.

Generally speaking, if the fit is right, everything should be clear. Of course, the visuals won't be as nice in most cases as a regular PS4 game because of the extra rendering demands, but the difference between lower quality visuals and blurriness should be obvious.

In any case, I look forward to say five years out when we have simple wireless headsets that exceed the performance of what the PSVR already offers. Then it will truly be something special.

• Like 1

You're absolutely right about the headset, Bill. Indeed it does need to be tightly formed to the face, with no light peeking in and ear buds in. Friends and their kids were all trying it out, so there was a lot of adjusting going on to say the least. My buddy just bought the full game, Rush of Blood and I'm sure I'll get to give it another shot this week.

I think I have most games for it now except the one I finished working on recently and some I simply do not care about. Got Robinson last, I can even wear my 1x5 readers whilst playing. No need to wait for a Pro, the headset won't be any different.

I think I have most games for it now except the one I finished working on recently and some I simply do not care about. Got Robinson last, I can even wear my 1x5 readers whilst playing. No need to wait for a Pro, the headset won't be any different.

The Pro does improve visual quality for some VR games. The downside to using a Pro is that you can't enable HDR while the VR headset is connected, which is annoying, because it would be a pain to constantly plug and unplug the video breakout box.

The Pro does improve visual quality for some VR games. The downside to using a Pro is that you can't enable HDR while the VR headset is connected, which is annoying, because it would be a pain to constantly plug and unplug the video breakout box.

Apparently you did not get what I was saying, you can enjoy the headset just fine, with your current PS4.

I have yet to pick up the PSVR as I don't bother with the pre-orders... it's not like there won't be units on the shelf in Jan/Feb for me. I have enough to keep me busy for now lol.

Hey Cpuwiz... how's Robinson? The demo on the PS Store is a bit short and doesn't show much. Just curious about it. (I'm also going to bite and ask which game you were working on? Not sure you want to divulge that though.)

I know I would love to get my hands on Battlezone (I am on Atariage afterall right? lol) and Eve and Rigs and more so it's not a matter of if I'm getting it... more a matter of when I get it. I like that there are different price levels to the titles as well. Shorter experiences would be great when you can get them cheaper. I would hope some of the full price games have a little more meat on their bones though.