IGNORED

Pizza Chef

swordquest plus

OK, so yesterday, I was playing Pizza Chef on an online emulator. This is the link I used to play the game:

https://archive.org/details/atari_2600_pizza_chef_-_pizza_time_1983_zimag_-_emag_-_vidco_713-111_-_gn-050_pro

I played game variation one and cleared all of the pots by putting the correct ingredients in the pots (the pots turn brown to indicate that you put a correct ingredient into the pot). Now according to atariprotos.com, you're supposed to go to one of the ovens and press the fire button to bake your pizza and win the game. However, once I did that, one of the pots turned back into the original color it was before a correct ingredient was put in the pot (thus undoing one of the pots I cleared) and the game still kept going. I tried putting the correct ingredient into the pot again and pressed the fire button near one of the ovens, again. And once again, the same pot turned back to it's original color and the game kept going. I don't know if that's a bug or not, but that was totally unexpected. What's up with that?

Edited by swordquest plus

The game is buggy & glitchy & may be incomplete, so accomplishing that final task could be difficult or even impossible.

It wasn't even an official Zimag release, it was pirated and released in South America by another company, and it just happens to have an NTSC romset.

It's pretty involved with lots of screens, and so it could have been a great game. I think it just needed some of the graphics improved (more detailed) and perhaps better arranged background music as well.

Actually the NTSC proto is complete as far as we can tell. Were you possibly playing a different level variation (does it have those? I can't remember)? Still possible you have a bugged rom or something because I remember being able to beat the game (no ending, it just quits to the logo IIRC).

Actually the NTSC proto is complete as far as we can tell. Were you possibly playing a different level variation (does it have those? I can't remember)? Still possible you have a bugged rom or something because I remember being able to beat the game (no ending, it just quits to the logo IIRC).

That would probably explain the situation. It's not the first time I played a game with a faulty emulator. One time, I was playing Midnight Mutants for the 7800 at gameoldies.com. I made it to the part before you face Dr. Evil when suddenly the game started all over again, by itself. It was so frustrating, especially considering all the hard work I put, just to get that far!

To finish the game you have to stand near the right purple rectangle when you have cleared all the pots, otherwise the last pot re-appears in the color of the last used ingredient.

It's a complete game allright.

I played it a LOT many years ago to figure out the rules of this game (no manual was known to exist back then).

8)

• Like 1

Would be nice.

I tried with OCR and Google Translate: icon_rolleyes.gif

Introducao
Tente esta divertida brincadeira de fazer pizza. Você tem um tempo limitado para fazer uma pizza com 8 ingredientes. Para isto, deve pegar os ingredientes corretos de acordo com a ordem da lista e também os utensílios apropriados. Quando finalmente estiver tudo sobre as 8 mesas de preparo, leve a pizza a um forno quente para assá-la. Se você conseguir fazer tudo isso, parabéns! Tente as 25 variedades de receitas e mostre sua habilidade e técnica em lazer pizzas.

Como jogar
Este jogo é para apenas um jogador, contendo 25 variaçoes e dois niveis de dificuldade. Com a chave (GAME SELECT) selecione o jogo desejado. Posicione a chave (DIFFICULTY) do lado esquerdo em A (FÁCIL) ou B (DIFÍCIL).
Para iniciar acione a tecla (RESET). Comecará a contagem regressiva de 20 minutos. Movendo a alavanca do joystick nas oito direções. António (o chefe da pizzaria) se moverá na direçao correspondente.
Antonio está na sala de pedidos. Primeiro ele precisa ir á dispensa (quadro marrom na parte inferior esquerda da tela) para pegar os utensilios necessários. Ele pode pegar somente um utensitio por vez e para isso posicione o Antônio sobre ele e pressione o botão do joystick. Mas tenha cuidado com os ratos! Se a chave (DIFFICULTY) estiver posicionada em "B", e se António for mordido por um rato, ele cairá e quebrará o utensílio. Então António terá que pegar um outro.
Retornando à sala de pedidos, precisa ir agora à cozinha (quadro azul na parte superior esquerda da tela, para pegar os ingredientes. Mas preste atenção! Se ele escorregar em alguma das poças d'água no chão. derrubará a travessa. Tenha cuidado ao cruzar a sala de pedidos, não deixando ele esbarrar em nenhum dos garçons.
Uma vez que ele pegar um utensílio e um ingrediente (que será mostrado na parte inferior da tela), ele poderá ir ao forno (quadro vermelho na parte superior direita da tela).
António necessita pegar somente une utensílio dos que precisa. Por exemplo: apesar de no pedido constar 4 temperos e 4 queijos, ele precisa semente de uma xícara.
Existem 8 mesas retangulares no lado direito da sala para que ele coloque as coisas, Se ele conseguir as coisas certas uma das oito mesas ficará invisível e no topo da tela adicionará 1 crédito para a lista de pedidos do António.
Se o pobre António pegar os itens errados nada acontecerá mas terá que levá-los ao lixo (quadro verde na parte inferior direita da tela). Uma vez descarregado o lixo, ele terá que voltar à cozinha para pegar as coisas que ele precisa. O procedimento é repetido até que todas as oito mesas sejam completadas. Lembre-se, ele precisa primeiro descarregar o lixo para pegar algo novo.
Completando as oito mesas, António agora leva para os tres fornos (à esquerda), os ingredientes das mesas. Ele terá que colocar os ingredientes no torno que está quente, apertando o botão do joystick. Se escolher o forno certo, você ganhou o jogo. Se não, terá que voltar à cozinha, repor o íntimo ingrediente e tentar um outro forno. Se você náo fizer sua pizza logo, o tempo irá esgotar e Antônio perderá o emprego.
No compartimento de lixo, você deve posicionar o António na extremidade de cada degrau e apertar o botão do joystick para fazê-lo descer ou subir.

Introduction

Try this fun game of making pizza. You have a limited time to make a pizza with 8 ingredients. For this, you should get the correct ingredients according to the order of the list and also the appropriate utensils. When finally it's all about the 8 preparation tables, take the pizza to a hot oven to bake it. If you can do it all, congratulations! Try the 25 varieties of recipes and show your skill and technique in leisure pizzas.

How to play

This game is for one player, with 25 variations and two levels of difficulty. With the key (SELECT GAME) select the desired game. Place the key (DIFFICULTY) on the left in a (EASY) or B (DIFFICULT). To actuate the start button (RESET). Will start counting down from 20 minutes. Moving the lever joystick in eight directions. Antonio (the head of pizza) will move in the corresponding direction.

Antonio is in the order room. First he needs to go to the waiver (brown frame at the bottom left of the screen) to get the necessary utensils. It can take only one utensitio at a time and for this position the Antonio on it and press the joystick button. But beware of the mice! If the key (DIFFICULTY) is set to "B", and Antonio is bitten by a rat, it will fall and break the tool. Then Antonio will have to pick up another.

Returning to requests for room, need to go now to the kitchen (blue box at the top left of the screen) to pick up the ingredients. But pay attention! If he slip into one of the puddles on the floor, bring down the alleyway. Be careful when cross the order room, not letting him run into any of the waiters. once he get a utensil and ingredient (which will be shown at the bottom of the screen), it can go in the oven (red frame at the top right of the screen .)

António need take only unites tool of you need for example:.. despite the request contained 4 spices and 4 cheese, it needs to seed a cup

There are 8 rectangular tables in the room right next to him to put things, if he gets the right things of the eight tables is invisible and at the top of the screen adds 1 credit to Antonio's wish list.

If the poor Antonio get the wrong items nothing will happen but have to take them to the trash (green frame in the bottom right of the screen). Once downloaded the trash, he will have to return to the kitchen to get the things he needs. The procedure is repeated until all eight tables are completed. Remember, it must first unload the trash to pick up something new.

Completing the eight tables, Antonio now leads to the three furnaces (left), the ingredients of the tables. He will have to put the ingredients in around what's hot, pressing the joystick button. If you choose the right oven, you won the game. If not, will have to return to the kitchen, reset the intimate ingredient and try another oven. If you do your pizza soon, time will run out and Antonio will lose their jobs.

In the garbage bin, you must position the Antonio at the end of each step, and press the joystick button to make it go down or up.

icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 2

To finish the game you have to stand near the right purple rectangle when you have cleared all the pots, otherwise the last pot re-appears in the color of the last used ingredient.

It's a complete game allright.

I played it a LOT many years ago to figure out the rules of this game (no manual was known to exist back then).

8)

Are you talking about the tiny purple rectangle surrounded by the oven, itself?

So here it is. I had to read some lines quite a few times to understand what in hell they were trying to say. :-D

I´ve kept the baroque-esque style of the original portuguese text. Some phrases makes little sense. Some are useless. Some are reduntant. I just kept it all and gave my best shot.

PIZZA CHEF

Introduction

Try this fun pizza making game. You have a limited time to make an eight-ingredient pizza. For this, you should get the right ingredients and in the same order as they are listed – and also the aproppriate utensils. When you finally put everything at the eight preparation tables, take the pizza to a hot oven to bake. If you manage to do it all, congratulations! Try all the 25 recipe variations and show your skills and technique in pizza making.

How to play

This is an one player only game, with 25 game variations and two difficulty settings. The (SELECT GAME) switch select the desired game. Place the left (DIFFICULTY) switch in “A” (EASY) or “B” (DIFFICULT).

To start push (RESET). A 20 minutes countdown will then start. Moving the joystick in any of the eight directions will move Antonio (the pizza Chef) to the corresponding direction.

Antonio starts in the ordering room. He first must go to the storage area (brown area at the bottom left of the screen) to get the necessary utensils. He can take only one item at a time and to do that you should put Antonio over the item and press the (FIRE) button in your joystick. But beware of rats! If (DIFFICULTY) is set on “B” and Antonio got bitten by a rat, he will fall and break the utensil he is holding. Then Antonio will have to pick up another one.

Returning to ordering room, he now must go to the kitchen (blue area at the top left of the screen) to gather the ingredients. But pay attention! If he slips in one of the puddles on the floor, he will drop the bowl. Be careful when crossing the ordering room, not letting him bump into any of the waiters.

Once he gets an utensil and an ingredient (which will be shown at the bottom of the screen), he will be able to move to the oven (red area at the top right of the screen).

Antonio must take only one unit of the needed utensil. For example: despite the request containing 4 spices and 4 cheese, he only needs one cup.

There are 8 rectangular tables at the right side of the room where you can put the items. If he manages to get all the right items one of the eight tables will turn invisible and one credit will be added at the top of the screen for Antonio´s order list.

If poor Antonio get the wrong items nothing happens - but he will have to take them to the trash can (green area at the bottom right of the screen). Once the trash is dumped, he will have to return to the kitchen to get the right things he need. This procedure is repeated until all eight tables are completed. Remember, he must first dump the trash before picking up a new item.

When all eight tables are complete, Antonio will then take the table ingredientes to one of the three ovens (to the left). He will have to put the ingredients in the oven that is hot, using the joystick button. If you choose the right oven, you win the game. If not, you will have to return to the kitchen, replace the last ingredient and try a different oven. If you don´t make your pizza fast enough, time will run out and Antonio will lose his job.

In the trash can you must position Antonio at the end of each step and press the joystick button to make it go down or up.

• Like 6

I attempted the game again. And I used game variation one, just like last time. Turns out I was supposed to choose the correct oven. That's why one of the pots turned back to it's original color. I didn't bake the pizza in the correct oven. This time, I chose the correct oven, so now I beat the game.

Edited by swordquest plus

Turns out I was supposed to choose the correct oven. That's why one of the pots turned back to it's original color. I didn't bake the pizza in the correct oven. This time, I chose the correct oven, so now I beat the game.

But how do you know which one of the three ovens is the correct (hot) one?

Is it just a random pick?

8)

So here it is. I had to read some lines quite a few times to understand what in hell they were trying to say. :-D

I´ve kept the baroque-esque style of the original portuguese text. Some phrases makes little sense. Some are useless. Some are reduntant. I just kept it all and gave my best shot.

PIZZA CHEF

Introduction

Try this fun pizza making game. You have a limited time to make an eight-ingredient pizza. For this, you should get the right ingredients and in the same order as they are listed – and also the aproppriate utensils. When you finally put everything at the eight preparation tables, take the pizza to a hot oven to bake. If you manage to do it all, congratulations! Try all the 25 recipe variations and show your skills and technique in pizza making.

How to play

This is an one player only game, with 25 game variations and two difficulty settings. The (SELECT GAME) switch select the desired game. Place the left (DIFFICULTY) switch in “A” (EASY) or “B” (DIFFICULT).

To start push (RESET). A 20 minutes countdown will then start. Moving the joystick in any of the eight directions will move Antonio (the pizza Chef) to the corresponding direction.

Antonio starts in the ordering room. He first must go to the storage area (brown area at the bottom left of the screen) to get the necessary utensils. He can take only one item at a time and to do that you should put Antonio over the item and press the (FIRE) button in your joystick. But beware of rats! If (DIFFICULTY) is set on “B” and Antonio got bitten by a rat, he will fall and break the utensil he is holding. Then Antonio will have to pick up another one.

Returning to ordering room, he now must go to the kitchen (blue area at the top left of the screen) to gather the ingredients. But pay attention! If he slips in one of the puddles on the floor, he will drop the bowl. Be careful when crossing the ordering room, not letting him bump into any of the waiters.

Once he gets an utensil and an ingredient (which will be shown at the bottom of the screen), he will be able to move to the oven (red area at the top right of the screen).

Antonio must take only one unit of the needed utensil. For example: despite the request containing 4 spices and 4 cheese, he only needs one cup.

There are 8 rectangular tables at the right side of the room where you can put the items. If he manages to get all the right items one of the eight tables will turn invisible and one credit will be added at the top of the screen for Antonio´s order list.

If poor Antonio get the wrong items nothing happens - but he will have to take them to the trash can (green area at the bottom right of the screen). Once the trash is dumped, he will have to return to the kitchen to get the right things he need. This procedure is repeated until all eight tables are completed. Remember, he must first dump the trash before picking up a new item.

When all eight tables are complete, Antonio will then take the table ingredientes to one of the three ovens (to the left). He will have to put the ingredients in the oven that is hot, using the joystick button. If you choose the right oven, you win the game. If not, you will have to return to the kitchen, replace the last ingredient and try a different oven. If you don´t make your pizza fast enough, time will run out and Antonio will lose his job.

In the trash can you must position Antonio at the end of each step and press the joystick button to make it go down or up.

I put the instructions on our game page:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pizza-chef_17369.html

Many thanks!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 2