IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Super Community Podcast

thevnaguy

more dissing the 5200 by the ignorant (proven by him calling a competition pro a wico) yes the 5200 requires a more elite user one willing to tinker

They were all cheap shots, non-issues as solutions already available, a great disservice to the retro gaming community and those interested in getting into the 5200.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you guys still take email feedback? If so, what’s your email?

Never mind, I found it. Thanks for all the great episodes of the 5200 podcast! The interviews have been wonderful. I’m currently listening to the defender episode. Wow, Steve Baker is a freaking genius! If only I understood math that way.

• Like 1

Never mind, I found it. Thanks for all the great episodes of the 5200 podcast! The interviews have been wonderful. I’m currently listening to the defender episode. Wow, Steve Baker is a freaking genius! If only I understood math that way.

He was a alot of fun to interview. He sent us signed atari 5200 and 8 bit carts of defender :) Had the podcast continued, I had plans on more interviews. Maybe I will try to get some one off episodes with interviews.

• Like 1

He was a alot of fun to interview. He sent us signed atari 5200 and 8 bit carts of defender [emoji4] Had the podcast continued, I had plans on more interviews. Maybe I will try to get some one off episodes with interviews.

It’s to bad the podcast stopped. Although, I could understand it being very time consuming. I’m grateful for the episodes we do have! More Interviews would be great to listen to! It’s good to know people are still kind and generous even though they are so talented and successful. Way to be Steve! Edited by adamchevy

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a new episode of AtariCade 5200! Sparx N' Fuses and that Qix! Be sure to check out The Atari 5200 Super Community Podcast for more 5200 fun!

5200 QIX Really is an amazing port. I'm still trying to figure out why the 8-Bit version was so sub-par. It's not like they didn't have plenty of resources.

Edited by Inky

Qix deserves to be in everyones 5200 library. As mentioned, it plays really well with the CX52 controller and is still an extremely affordable game. Get one while you can!

BTW, why the laughter concerning 5200 Space Invaders. This is an excellent version. I like the way the aliens enter the screen from the left hand side. The animation is smooth, it sounds great and plays really well with the Trak-Ball controller.

Thanks for the episode.

• Like 2

5200 QIX Really is an amazing port. I'm still trying to figure out why the 8-Bit version was so sub-par. It's not like they didn't have plenty of resources.

If memory serves, I think the A8 version used Antic graphics mode E, a high res 4 color mode. The 5200 programmers dropped it to Antic D which I believe is half the resolution. That alone was a big help keeping the game's drawing routine so speedy on 5200.

• Like 2

BTW, why the laughter concerning 5200 Space Invaders. This is an excellent version. I like the way the aliens enter the screen from the left hand side. The animation is smooth, it sounds great and plays really well with the Trak-Ball controller.

I really dig 5200 Space Invaders myself. I love how the aliens change shapes after every two rounds. There's some really cool invaders later in.

How's this work with the Trak-Ball? I never owned one, so I don't have experience.

• Like 2

I just finished the Qix episode. It was a lot of fun to listen to. I think you should also have them sing a princess song from one of the Disney movies as well if they miss more than 2 episodes of the podcast. I have to be honest, I wish they were a bit longer. You know like 5 or 6 hours like the intellivisionaries would be fine. You know, just a little longer.