IGNORED

Question on Sega 32x

Shannon

I got one and a cart. I'm not sure if it works. I wanna test it, but I'm not sure how to hook it up.

This is what I did so far.

I plugged it into my Genesis II. I plugged a power supply into both. I plugged a joystick into the Genesis II. I plugged Knuckles Choatix into the 32x. I only have one A/V RF cable, so I plugged that into the AV out on the 32x and to the tv.

When I turn it on nothing happens. :? If I plug the AV RF cable into the genesis, remove the 32x cartridge and put in a regular Genesis cart it works fine.

Is what I need a cable to go from the Genesis AV out to the 32x AV in?

You need to plug the TV's Svideo cable into the 32x unit directly...don't use the video feed from the Genesis Din port...that needs to go to the 32x's in port. If you had an older model of the Genny, you'd need yet another cable (total of 3 used for model 1's).

Looks like you are missing the A/V in cable.

Look here: http://www.sonic-cult.org/articles/32x/

Regular Genesis carts will still work even if the 32x doesn't (since they bypass the module's circuitry completely).

Bummer... I'm sure someone good at that kind of thing could create a cable that worked from two RF cables. I guess I'll just have to dig around.

I was gonna try the place I got the 32x from see if they had one, now that I know what to look for. Plus there is another local place I can probably ask if they have a cable somewhere.

the cable used on the Genesis 32x unit isn't custom. But damn close. The Genesis 2 AV and 32x AV cables use a funky 9 pin DIN connector. The pins are arranged in rows rather than radial or offset. I finally found out this connector is super expensive on it's own..and makes just getting another CIB 32x more cost effective. Which is what I ended up doing. I was able to make a cable..but not the connector..so i just had the pins jammed into the unit. It worked...but was kinda fuzzy...etc...

Search around on the web..but there is a place I found once...long ago..that actually had the pinouts for that cable.

I wish you luck!

Which cable is which? The audio/video cable or the stereo autio/video cable? The 32x's output goes directly to the Television's, and another cable goes from the Genesis output to the 32x input (directly for model 2...needs the adapter for model 1). No pix there, so it's hard to tell if either is the correct one :?

As I said..it is cheaper to either get the cable..or get another CIB 32x unit. I was able to get another CIB 32x with everything for $13...and cheaper shipping. By the way...the 9 pin DINs...run about 7.99 each..and all the places that had them...had minimum orders. Wasn't worth it to make my own cable..ugh..

lets see....

my 32x and genesis together has:

- 2 power supplies

- an link from the genesis to the 32x

- and i am damn certain there were 2 rf units needed =/.

i bought the 32X new so i dont have these problems :D .

:) but if you need anyhelp just ask. i will be happy to help you out.

for any sega questions ask me :D

best regards,

Vyeyendra ramnares

dragonforce

Archived