IGNORED

Any Advice for a 1st Time PRGE Attendee?

Gunoz

In a little over 24 hours I'll be hitting the road for PRGE, following the Oregon Trail cross country. Beside for not getting dysentery from any under the table deals, does anyone have any advice to share about PRGE?

1) I'm booked at Hotel Eastlund for Fri & Sat, but I've been considering switching to a cheaper place about 15 minutes away. Is it better being right across the street?

2) Now that the vendor chart is up http://retrogamingexpo.com/expo_floorplan.php where are the Intellivision hotspots?

3) Do we have a final count of new/recent releases & demos and where to find them?

4) Are CMart & Tarzilla still having their Rev Nut Krunch booth? ;-) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/249363-prge-portland-retro-gaming-expo-oct-2223-2016/page-9?do=findComment&comment=3580221

Looking forward to meeting many of you there!

Edited by gunoz

In a little over 24 hours I'll be hitting the road for PRGE, following the Oregon Trail cross country. Beside for not getting dysentery from any under the table deals, does anyone have any advice to share about PRGE?

1) I'm booked at Hotel Eastlund for Fri & Sat, but I've been considering switching to a cheaper place about 15 minutes away. Is it better being right across the street?

2) Now that the vendor chart is up http://retrogamingexpo.com/expo_floorplan.php where are the Intellivision hotspots?

3) Do we have a final count of new/recent releases & demos and where to find them?

4) Are CMart & Tarzilla still having their Rev Nut Krunch booth? ;-) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/249363-prge-portland-retro-gaming-expo-oct-2223-2016/page-9?do=findComment&comment=3580221

Looking forward to meeting many of you there!

I'm staying at the Eastlund myself as a matter of convenience, particularly because I'll bringing a number of systems for Rev and Tarzilla.

As for booths, Rev and Tarzilla are right beside the Intellivisionaries in booths 165 and 164 and yes you will be able to punch Rev in the nuts (for a small donation to charity).

As for things to buy and see....off the top of my head, Gosub, Ultimate Pong, Intybasic Showcase and Desert Bus will all be for sale, (along with I believe a few of Rev's previous titles), at his booth, as well as demos for Jr PAC and another surprise game.

I'm not sure what other demos will be there but I suspect there may be more.

• Like 1

I'm staying at the Eastlund myself as a matter of convenience, particularly because I'll bringing a number of systems for Rev and Tarzilla.

As for booths, Rev and Tarzilla are right beside the Intellivisionaries in booths 165 and 164 and yes you will be able to punch Rev in the nuts (for a small donation to charity).

As for things to buy and see....off the top of my head, Gosub, Ultimate Pong, Intybasic Showcase and Desert Bus will all be for sale, (along with I believe a few of Rev's previous titles), at his booth, as well as demos for Jr PAC and another surprise game.

I'm not sure what other demos will be there but I suspect there may be more.

Great list of stuff, awesome and I will be looking forward to it all! :)

Depends. If you plan on running back and forth with loot, the proximity literally cannot be beat. I hauled a Music Keyboard, and a Neo Geo + games last year. That would have been a serious hassle on public transit, or any serious distance walking. If you're interested in the auction - or just want to be able to not be walking the show floor for 8 hours straight - it's nice to be able to go relax in your room for a bit and take a break.

But honestly, Portland is incredibly walkable. You'll hear the odd story from people about how the area where the Convention Center is a bit sketchy - during the day and early evening it's absolutely fine. And I'm a bit of a snob in that respect, so if I can handle it, it's gotta be pretty nice. You can take a train right to the OCC, depending on where you're talking about.

Also depends on how much money you're talking about. If it's $10, I couldn't be arsed to move. But if you can save $100 for the weekend? Definitely worth thinking about. Personally I'm all over the lazy. It was so nice last year to just pop back and forth as I felt like it. But if you're the type to leave your hotel for the whole day anyway, the distance becomes a moot point.

• Like 1

Have fun!

Sadly I won't be coming. Long story - but my back won't let me travel or lift anything or do most anything to be honest.

C-Mart and Lathe are already upset as my back would even allow me to bend over in the parking garage to wheel and deal.

The Blah Blah Woof Woof booth will be unmanned - Look for a Piggy game by Christmas of some year but hopefully this one. Cart Labels are printed and Box Art is complete and at printer. Overlays designed and instruction sheet half the way there.

I am really bummed. But I can only move about 2 hours at a time....

This is going to be great show. I'm so sad I'm going to miss it. It may never get any better than this year!!!!!!

Have fun!

Sadly I won't be coming. Long story - but my back won't let me travel or lift anything or do most anything to be honest.

C-Mart and Lathe are already upset as my back would even allow me to bend over in the parking garage to wheel and deal.

The Blah Blah Woof Woof booth will be unmanned - Look for a Piggy game by Christmas of some year but hopefully this one. Cart Labels are printed and Box Art is complete and at printer. Overlays designed and instruction sheet half the way there.

This is going to be great show. I'm so sad I'm going to miss it. It may never get any better than this year!!!!!!

Awww man! That sucks. Sorry to hear that Jay and not just because you were so great in the underground parkade. :)

I look forward to Piggy Bank 7: The Revenge of RevMart at some future date. Lol

Have fun!

Unbelievably, my lower back just had a disc slip and I may also be down for the count and I am just down the road from the convention center. Hope to make it since I bought tickets months ago, but no pain like disc slippage.