IGNORED

Any Advice for a 1st Time PRGE Attendee?

Gunoz

Try getting a root canal done with no novocaine sometime.

My wife said she is going to push me in a wheelchair if she has to since we stayed in Portland a little longer so we could attend PRGE for a second time in a row. Guess i don't have a choice.

• Like 1

Try getting a root canal done with no novocaine sometime.

Try getting shot in the chest (bullet is still in my spine) and having a surgical screw break out of your spinal column and tearing a 3 inch hole in your spinal sack. (2 separate incidents 16 years apart).

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Try getting shot in the chest (bullet is still in my spine) and having a surgical screw break out of your spinal column and tearing a 3 inch hole in your spinal sack.

Yeeouch! I think you win.

But you can add me to the list of Intellivision guys with back issues. Mine is sacroiliac joint pain http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction-si-joint-pain

I keep things in check with exercises, stretching, inversion and TENS (electronic muscle stimulation).

I've also done chiropractic, prolo-therapy, corticosteroid injections - but none of these did as much as the stretching, exercises and TENS.

It's basically a constant dull ache - made worse by prolonged standing. And if I happen to move "the wrong way", nerves get pinched and I get horrible back spasms that knock me out for a week or more.

So I'm careful, know my limits, and keep weight in check. A few extra pounds and things get worse. Light beer is my friend. And I'll be skipping the donuts as well (for the most part I don't eat sweets).

So there you have it. Who's next?

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

Yeeouch! I think you win.

But you can add me to the list of Intellivision guys with back issues. Mine is sacroiliac joint pain http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction-si-joint-pain

I keep things in check with exercises, stretching, inversion and TENS (electronic muscle stimulation).

I've also done chiropractic, prolo-therapy, corticosteroid injections - but none of these did as much as the stretching, exercises and TENS.

It's basically a constant dull ache - made worse by prolonged standing. And if I happen to move "the wrong way", nerves get pinched and I get horrible back spasms that knock me out for a week or more.

So I'm careful, know my limits, and keep weight in check. A few extra pounds and things get worse. Light beer is my friend. And I'll be skipping the donuts as well (for the most part I don't eat sweets).

So there you have it. Who's next?

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

Me. Carbon Copy. TENS, stretching and exercise...and chiropractic manipulation when I go too long without. Fortunately I'm well right now, hoping I don't forget and do something stupid during the next five days
  • Like 1

I have nothing wrong with me other than the fact that I can't eat anything fun, nor drink alcohol for the most part. As you can imagine, I'm a real riot at parties. Plus I'm walking proof that America's obesity problem is probably 75% due to alcohol alone (you'll understand when y'all meet me - I dropped close to 20 lbs when beer left my life).

Yeah, I recently dropped 40 pounds by cutting out all grains and sugars, for the most part, and that includes pizza crust and beer - oh, and donuts. All the things we plan on consuming this weekend.

I don't mind indulging on occasion, so we'll see what this weekend has in store

We do a yearly trade show at my work and the teardown meal is usually pizza and beer while we are packing our equipment in the booth, so I ordered a side salad and grabbed a few slices and summarily dumped all the pizza toppings off of the crust on to my bed of lettuce.

Don't forget to bring down some Canadian Beer to drink.. ;)

Many years ago I was up there visiting a customer and while I was driving around I passed by the Shaftebury brewing company, who has since been bought out by a larger brewery, and all that I could think about was that they must have changed "shaftberry" into Shaftebury to sound supplicated and they were trying to pull a fast one over on dumb Canucks.

I wouldn't want to drink someone's shaftberry juice...it must be a close relative to a dingleberry

Many years ago I was up there visiting a customer and while I was driving around I passed by the Shaftebury brewing company, who has since been bought out by a larger brewery, and all that I could think about was that they must have changed "shaftberry" into Shaftebury to sound supplicated and they were trying to pull a fast one over on dumb Canucks.

I wouldn't want to drink someone's shaftberry juice...it must be a close relative to a dingleberry

Well I guess someone gets Shafted by a berry or bury after a dozen or so.

Lol