IGNORED

EBay seller Atarifreakz

Level42

He did, but he thinks it's "normal" that it takes over a month for something to travel the distance from the UK to The Netherlands (75 minutes flight time.....).

I've ordered loads of stuff from the UK and it takes 3-7 days for stuff to arrive....it's not the other end of the world...

Good to hear you guys have good experiences with him though, let's see if we can settle this....

One postal card I sent took over two motnh to arrive tho, so you can never exclude a hiccup from a postal service.

Postcards are regarded (rightfully) as low-priority by almost every national postal services. Record for me is a card I sent from Greece to Germany, which arrived after 4 months - i.e. 3 3/4 months after I returned :-). If I want my postcards to arrive quickly, I put them in an envelope.

• Like 1

What always surprise me is that I sent 3 postcards in the same box, and one arrived quickly, one was adressed in Slovenia and arrived ine one week too, and the third one... nope, took that long.

Germany to France.....mmmmm......France.....yeah....that explains it

What are you trying to imply? :-D

Overall I had less issues with the national French post service than with private ones, UPS and DHL. :thumbsdown: One DHL guy didn't cared, wrote that I refused the shipping (yeah, cool bro, I was at work, and my boss could prove it) and so it was shipped back. and of course "oh, sure we can ship it back again. But you have to pay".

• Like 1

I've had quite a few packages delayed in the last few weeks both within the EU and worldwide, so I would say the postal service is not to be relied on. I've bought quite a few things from Atarifreakz over the years and have had no issues what-so-ever. I would consider him a trusted seller.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Well....to dig up An old thread. The Lynx I plexi I bought from this guy never arrived.

I asked him to send another at no cost but he kept blaiming the post ....but that is really not my responsibility is it ?

Anyway he was not exactly friendly or customer focused in his communication so I gave a negative feedback and following that he banned me from ever buying stuff from his store.

But then there is this thing called carma :)

Former Atari Benelux employee Wilfred Kilwinger was selling some of his Atari stuff and wel. There also was a brand new, still in protective films Lynx I plexi. Bought it and received it within a day.....

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh.....

post-25272-0-51330500-1506705856_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm glad you guys had difference experiences with him. I have no clue why he freaked out on me. I only asked for a reasonable solution for the issue but he just blamed the post and that was it, he wouldn't do anything about it.....like 50/50 or so.....too bad. The stupid thing is that blocking me from his sales doesn't work of course........there are ways around such things........

Anytime I've ever sent something to the Netherlands (which surprisingly has been more than a few instances) and the buyer complained about their item not arriving, I just issue a full refund without hesitation. It has always wound up being late, sometimes as long as two months, and everyone eventually resends the payment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear your positive experiences with the Dutch Bratwurst.

It's so rare for the post to screw up between countries like the US, Germany, the UK and The Netherlands. I've had many many items shipped between these countries and until that Lynx glass the failure rate was ZERO.

It never ended up here, not even after 2 months. I would have done exactly the same as you did.....it's a matter of trust of your buyer.....sadly he chose for another way. But I can still get stuff from him....just needs a small detour :D