IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

NE146-- Score, good job on that, don't blame you buying both. If I had deeper pockets I'd probably have snapped up another as a gift too when I saw 2 at Meijer behind the glass like a month ago.

oh it's not a gift.. she lives in Guam and was asking me to look for one for her for some time now.. :) it was just so surprising they were right there, I totally never expected it i

8BitDo has updated their firmware to allow their wireless controllers like the SuperNes gamepad to work on the Switch.

Should come in handy when the Virtual Console launches, not to mention the quickly growing Arcade Archives line from Hamster.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 4

Well, I caved. I bought a Switch online Thursday morning. Hopefully it will be here Tuesday (I'd say tomorrow, but.. that whole holiday thing and all with the post office being closed).

I've actually gone looking for one locally on a whim multiple times in the last month, and each time resulted in a multi-hour search that ended up empty handed. I again got the urge Thursday morning, but instead of shopping around locally, I did so online. All standard retailers were sold out, and for grins I checked GameStop last. They had bundles in stock and I went ahead and snagged one because it included stuff I was going to buy anyway (Mario Kart 8 physical, a joycon charge dock, and some extra random goodies). The price was about $380. Separately, I picked up a Pro Controller, Ultra Street Fighter II, and Bomberman. I'll probably snag Blazing Star and Blaster Master Zero when I receive the system.

Interestingly, I just checked their website. The bundles are still available, but the price has been bumped to $400 and they removed the Joycon charge dock and are including a tablet cradle with the Mario Kart bundle, and it looks like a carrying case with the Zelda bundle (Zelda bundle wasn't available when I ordered on Thursday).

• Like 5

8BitDo has updated their firmware to allow their wireless controllers like the SuperNes gamepad to work on the Switch.

Should come in handy when the Virtual Console launches, not to mention the quickly growing Arcade Archives line from Hamster.

I haven't upgraded the controller firmware but it would be great to use an SNES Pro controller for SFII Ultra. I may have to see what needs to be done to get that ball rolling.

I finally was able to fire up SSF2 Ultra today and I can see it works pretty solid with the little joystick, crap with the d-pad as it is compared (functional though, probably fine if I bothered to get used to it.) I did find an 8bitdo FC 30 twin stick pad for $30+shipping so I"ll have that sometime during the week. I'll throw the update at it and see how it goes as I'm quite curious.

• Like 1

Well, I caved. I bought a Switch online Thursday morning. Hopefully it will be here Tuesday (I'd say tomorrow, but.. that whole holiday thing and all with the post office being closed).

I've actually gone looking for one locally on a whim multiple times in the last month, and each time resulted in a multi-hour search that ended up empty handed. I again got the urge Thursday morning, but instead of shopping around locally, I did so online. All standard retailers were sold out, and for grins I checked GameStop last. They had bundles in stock and I went ahead and snagged one because it included stuff I was going to buy anyway (Mario Kart 8 physical, a joycon charge dock, and some extra random goodies). The price was about $380. Separately, I picked up a Pro Controller, Ultra Street Fighter II, and Bomberman. I'll probably snag Blazing Star and Blaster Master Zero when I receive the system.

Interestingly, I just checked their website. The bundles are still available, but the price has been bumped to $400 and they removed the Joycon charge dock and are including a tablet cradle with the Mario Kart bundle, and it looks like a carrying case with the Zelda bundle (Zelda bundle wasn't available when I ordered on Thursday).

Congrats on getting one. I got a bundle one too and use everything but Has Been Heroes.

We are in the same position with ordering stuff this weekend. I ordered an S8 that I would have recieved on Saturday but apparently UPS closed for a three day weekend. So my package is just sitting there till Tuesday. Pretty crazy considering how even the post office was open on Saturday. Ohh well first world country problems.

• 2 years later...

I don't see a Super Mario Maker 2 thread, so posting this in here.

As one that put a lot of time into Super Mario Maker 1 and has been paying attention to the features of SMM2 (Although I've yet to play it myself), this last update pretty much wipes out my wish list I had in my head for what I wanted out of the sequel. Looks like a very worthy update.

Only some small things are still missing that I'd of liked to have seen like the inclusion of the SMB3 Tanooki suit.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 6:33 PM, Atariboy said:

I don't see a Super Mario Maker 2 thread, so posting this in here.

As one that put a lot of time into Super Mario Maker 1 and has been paying attention to the features of SMM2 (Although I've yet to play it myself), this last update pretty much wipes out my wish list I had in my head for what I wanted out of the sequel. Looks like a very worthy update.

Only some small things are still missing that I'd of liked to have seen like the inclusion of the SMB3 Tanooki suit.

I was thinking of making a Course sharing thread recently with descriptions and screenshots of Courses that I have made and others could share their creations.  Interest?  And yeah, the update is a real game changer.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 10:44 AM, Downland1983 said:

I was thinking of making a Course sharing thread recently with descriptions and screenshots of Courses that I have made and others could share their creations.  Interest?  And yeah, the update is a real game changer.

Id totally be down for that

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 10:44 AM, Downland1983 said:

10 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Id totally be down for that

I would be too- my son owns the cart and i've meesed around a little with it.  :)