IGNORED

Rediscovering the Lynx

Craftiful

Hi there! Just wanted to say hi after signing up to this forum - I've recently 'rediscovered' the Lynx (I've had one since the 90's), and after finally finishing Rygar (took me long enough!), I decided to start collecting all the officially released Lynx games when I found out how doable a task that might be. I was also surprised to learn how easy it is to find new, sealed games relatively cheaply (the less common ones are, obviously, more expensive)! I've attached a photo of a few new purchases :)

post-48113-0-94958200-1477104916_thumb.jpg

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else noticed how the evil tomatoes in 'Kung Food' look like a certain politican?

post-48113-0-28698800-1477104713_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It's a wonderful system, and, if you have the cash, you should try to acquire a McWill modded system and get SaiNT's SD cart -- it's night-and-day from the standard setup.

Unfortunately, your quest for new, cheap, sealed games is likely now at an end. Your games are all very common, and these are about the only ones you can get in this state today. Fortunately, almost all of the Lynx's library is better than what you already have -- with the exception of Xybots and Bill & Ted, those titles are the bottom tier of the Lynx library.

• Like 1

Hi there! Just wanted to say hi after signing up to this forum - I've recently 'rediscovered' the Lynx (I've had one since the 90's), and after finally finishing Rygar (took me long enough!), I decided to start collecting all the officially released Lynx games when I found out how doable a task that might be. I was also surprised to learn how easy it is to find new, sealed games relatively cheaply (the less common ones are, obviously, more expensive)! I've attached a photo of a few new purchases :)

20161019_173239.jpg

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else noticed how the evil tomatoes in 'Kung Food' look like a certain politican?

20161022_154438.jpg

Rotten trump tomatoes.

????

Ugh, so jealous. You are embarking on the best part of Lynx collecting when everything is really exciting. Discovering new games every day (I am still discovering new games). Hunting for unknown places and websites to buy/find rare games, waiting on eBay for that CIB Ninja Gaiden III that isn't over priced and hustling for that Krazy Ace Golf you think/hope no one else has seen on eBay (they have).

Then, half way through, thinking "I don't just want every game, I want everything boxed" so re-buying a few titles. Then maybe considering going for all the variants (big box Electrocop, and BOTH small box versions (with, without grey bar) etc). Then, suddenly, the French blister pack versions start looking more appealing. Or the enamel badges. And then there are the Japanese versions of some of the games.

Oh my.

• Like 1

Ugh, so jealous. You are embarking on the best part of Lynx collecting when everything is really exciting. Discovering new games every day (I am still discovering new games). Hunting for unknown places and websites to buy/find rare games, waiting on eBay for that CIB Ninja Gaiden III that isn't over priced and hustling for that Krazy Ace Golf you think/hope no one else has seen on eBay (they have).

Then, half way through, thinking "I don't just want every game, I want everything boxed" so re-buying a few titles. Then maybe considering going for all the variants (big box Electrocop, and BOTH small box versions (with, without grey bar) etc). Then, suddenly, the French blister pack versions start looking more appealing. Or the enamel badges. And then there are the Japanese versions of some of the games.

Oh my.

https://youtu.be/95Bqpb-3Fb0