IGNORED

Nothing special

emkay

Just listen to some Floyd and imagine PoKey playing it. Pick whatever song you think would work best.

:)

Edit: please note that each album has a totally different sound and feel to it, so you don't know Floyd unless you've heard it all.

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

H i there emkay!

As far as it's concerned Vaxeen,

I ask you to pay attention to Cygnus-Lyrae part...

It's very impressive! IMHO!

But it can not be properly amplifyed.

I need boost Volume two or even three times to hear MY OWN sound.

Please, try to hear this music and if it's possible convert it to it's perfection.

I really appreciate the part from 1:30

Basses are very impressive!

And then must be even amplifyed maybe after 2:30

ez

Really I only have ears and no more.

• Like 1

I need boost Volume two or even three times to hear MY OWN sound.Basses are very impressive!

I see. You know POKEY tends to play high sounds louder than low sounds.

The basses were great, yes. But they were sampled, which isn't supported in RMT.

If you have a look at the time "Fred Brooker" did those tunes, they were very impressive. BTW. "Vaxeen 4 You" is my favorite there.

RMT with one digi channel would solve "all problems" there.

Edited by emkay
  • Like 1

Hi there, emkay!

I even can NOT find any info you wrote...

Google suggestions give me Vaccine Information for Adults!

They are the very fools armed with AI.

And AI is not a fool at all.

They rules with their fulls purposes!

;)

How do you think, is it carefully finded mixture of meander with noice or any other... ?

Sounds very robust, massive, and it's a drive like 'Big Deeper Riding!'

Really I'm not a composer...

But my Dad and Mom was musicians.

They worked in:

Mother: Sveshnikov's Chorus and Father in Red Army, Alexandrow's Chorus.

Both are well known choruses!

Thus, I was in Bolshoy thousands times and heared manu opera stars.

Never heared only Good Old Filip Oskadal... ;)

He is THE MAN!

ez

Hi there, emkay!

I even can NOT find any info you wrote...

Google suggestions give me Vaccine Information for Adults!

They are the very fools armed with AI.

And AI is not a fool at all.

They rules with their fulls purposes!

;)

Seems your humor doesn't adapt from russian-english-german .... ;)

Many of those old projects ended up quickly. Digis cost lots of CPU time. Doing those tunes for a game, will end in a sound demonstration without a game.

The latest of my demonstrations would run in any game, even together with fullscreen Rastaconverter pictures.

Edited by emkay

Actually, from time to time, I send queries to "coders" doing some tune and some "code" around it. It doesn't make sense to release tunes that show how less CPU usage can be, by just dropping the tune itself. People won't get the difference to a tune that uses "all CPU" ....

Well, see, how much has been done yet ;)

If you can do requests - then how about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSrLwHGve4

Or has this been done somewhere?

I do have others in mind .... also.

Harvey

How about this version? 4 channel (almost) and unpatched RMT. I wonder why Altirra stumbles over that... with stutter and else during replay... but the main thing is there ;)

...whoops my ears just fell off.

Your argumentation is not even useless, it's just silly. I wonder why you don't write that in other places where POKEY tunes were even more off. Do you like the "Bad Apple" demo?

Well, I asked for feedback, but you seem always to write something when "emkay" is on the agenda ?

IF you want to make anyone run away who is not Atari related, just play a random POKEY tune....

Really, I 'm thinking of doing some optimisations .... in the volume ... which is the main problem.

btw. Where have your "adds" been...

Does this sound similar to you ?

Or how about that...:

Everything fine there?

So: If a soundchip has it's limits, they cannot be removed, you only can make them "invisible"....

And, as long as you plan only to nag on my experiments, without similar comments on other's works, so please stick your dumb comments into the center of your butt.

Edited by emkay

How about this version? 4 channel (almost) and unpatched RMT. I wonder why Altirra stumbles over that... with stutter and else during replay... but the main thing is there ;)

The sounds from 0:00 to 0:02 are incredibly harsh and sound detuned. Same with 0:10 to 0:14. I get the sensation of a fork being scraped across a china plate, or nails down a chalkboard.

The sounds from 0:00 to 0:02 are incredibly harsh and sound detuned. Same with 0:10 to 0:14. I get the sensation of a fork being scraped across a china plate, or nails down a chalkboard.

See, that's the same I thought. But I wanted some feedback. The "dur" sound is part of the original, it's just the instrumentation that makes it sounding "softer". In the patched RMT version, the gen 2 is used in a much higher frequency (gen 2 spreaded) range (where the external circuits get lower in their volume) , so it sounds "better" there.

The tuning and intonation is spot on.

btw: Where have you been when POKEY and RMT have been developed? Things could be so easy.

Some tunes work well, some tunes drop exactly into the trap of the given limits.

Edited by emkay

We are turning in cirlcles, I could answer again with

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245122-pokeys-15khz/?view=findpost&p=3377967

but that wouldn't make any difference. If you really think that volume is the main problem for the Star-Trek tune...

I could also try to fix the tune like I once already did, but that makes no sense too: Your perception problem that you are not able to hear disharmonies wouldn't change.

Did you understand what "ivop" tried to explain in respect to MOD files?

Regarding other productions: They may not fit my taste, they may not fully utilize Pokey, but as long as my ears don't bleed I don't feel the urge to comment. BTW: You asked for comments...

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 2