IGNORED

32k sideport expansion

jedimatt42

Damn, I was going to grab a couple last night.

Arcadeshopper.com enabled the back-order feature for this item.

I have more parts already, and will be ordering more as well, and will continue to build as quickly as is reasonable without getting a divorce or losing my day job.

-M@

• Like 1

I have just noticed there is no Paypal option for payment.

I have been interested in a couple of these right from the start and just went to purchase two, but no go for me.

:_(

Cheers,

Shane

Typically PayPal or Pay with Amazon for me. I've gotten really gun shy about putting my CC# anywhere on the net anymore.

Regarding PayPal:

Arcadeshopper supports a variety of payment options. I am sure this comes up everytime he makes something new available to the community. This community is too small to burden all vendors with every payment option.

I personally trust his payment card process, unlike sites that incentivise me to persist my card information.

I trust you will all do what is best for you as a consumer.

-M@

Don't get me wrong, this has absolutely nothing to do with Arcade Shopper. I've read nothing but good things.

This is more about my personal decision (and I have good reason's) to not put my credit card details on many sites across the net.

I made this decision many years ago and decided I would only place it on Paypal.

And I'm not in the slightest hinting that Paypal is safer than anywhere else, it was more based on a system I could use almost anywhere

and not have the worry or even forget all the different places I have provided my details to.

I am in Australia and regularly make purchases from all over europe and the U.S.

I would hate to think how many sites would have my card details if it was not for Paypal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with Paypal, it is just a convenience for me.

Anyway, sorry to derail this topic, what a fantastic product for the community and it is great that Arcade Shopper provides his services :)

(I still want 2x 32K boards :mad: )

Cheers,

Shane

• Like 1

Well, perhaps we can work something out.

For instance;

Figure out what it will cost by almost placing your order.

Give me all the details I need to place the order for you. Then you can gift pay pal the amount to me and I can place the order for you.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Well, perhaps we can work something out.

For instance;

Figure out what it will cost by almost placing your order.

Give me all the details I need to place the order for you. Then you can gift pay pal the amount to me and I can place the order for you.

That sounds awesome.

And much appreciated.

I will message you the details.

Thanks so much.

Cheers,

Shane

• Like 1

Regarding PayPal:

Arcadeshopper supports a variety of payment options. I am sure this comes up everytime he makes something new available to the community. This community is too small to burden all vendors with every payment option.

I personally trust his payment card process, unlike sites that incentivise me to persist my card information.

I trust you will all do what is best for you as a consumer.

-M@

Happy to take paypal.. set your checkout to "check" and then when you get your invoice send paypal friends and family to arcadeshopper@gmail.com for that amount. I've done this for a a number of people and if you had contacted me directly about it, you would have gotten the same answer :)

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I don't think there is a lot of use for this, but one individual wore me down enough that I wanted to test the theory and prove to myself that it does work.

This is a little edge card board that can be connected with a right-angle female header connector to adapt between my 32k-card's headers and the standard edge card devices.

I haven't found a right-angle female header of the right size, so I have either paired 2 smaller ones together, or cut one larger piece down.

Things to note: The edge connector ends up a little higher than normal. This isn't a big deal if the device you are connecting is on a ribbon cable, or the TI PEB flex card adapter, as that will just flex a little.

Here is the OSHPark link for gerbers, or 2 order a set of 3 pcboards: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/0QDGf51I

post-42954-0-67765400-1478844482_thumb.jpg

post-42954-0-76514500-1478844498_thumb.jpg

post-42954-0-84500000-1478844509_thumb.jpg

I've promised someone that I'd hook them up with this device/solution, but other than that I have no intention to produce these edge card adapters. I'm going to be stubborn about that. However, if you really have a need, getting the board printed from OSHPark is pretty cheap. You'll get 3. You can assemble and sell the 2 extras. Woot.

-M@

• Like 7

If anyone wants a DAT case for their FlashROM 99 or the 32k sidecar, I still have a half-dozen left. I am getting ready to throw them out, so if anyone wants one get with me soon. I am asking shipping and a buck or two to cover the padded envelope and time.

• Like 2

As I sit here enjoying morning coffee, I'm thinking, what next for the Plug-N-Play 32K's expansion port?

There is nothing quite as interesting as asking a hobbyist/user so....

1) What would YOU like to see as the NEXT item to plug into this gadget?

2) What do you think will ACTUALLY BE the next item for this little wonder?

3) What is (with no knowledge) your best guess for the release date of the next item?