IGNORED

Simple Jump and Gravity Program

Lewis2907

Bb Team,

I am trying to get this program to work correctly. Basically I am trying to duplicate the Original Mario style. Meaning when you jump you land on the next platform / block. When you moving left / right and hit a block you bounce back (smooth of bouncy style would work, but smooth is the preferred way). When your jumping and moving / gliding left or right you bounce back off a block, currently your get stuck. Thanks if your are able to help me with this. I have just started to work on a game with a 100 level / rooms. It should be interesting if I can pull it off, thanks.

I forgot to say that I have seen several jump style codes that work well (but take up a lot of space and variables). I am trying to compress it to save space for the other items I have in mind, thanks.

Jump Test.txt

Test.bas.bin

Edited by Lewis2907
  • Like 1

RT,

Yea. That is my back up plan if I can't get it done with this code. DPC has those limitations. The game I want to make next will have a 100 rooms. Probably not as solid as the other games I have seen, but it would be fun and interesting to see if I can pull it off.

Bb Team,

This is what I have so far as a "Simple Jump Program for DPC+". Could be worked on some more to make it more smooth. I did use a lot of RT code to get it to work. It does get stuck and will run across the gaps. Maybe someone can assist with the portions that I get stuck in and running across and not falling down. The gaps does provide some interesting game variations. I am trying to save as much space as I can as I plan to make some with several rooms to play / explore. Thanks for any assistance I can get one this portion so I can move on with this game, thanks.

Test.bas.bin

Jump Test 1 Nov 16.txt

Edited by Lewis2907