IGNORED

New7800HSC-Season 1 Game 3: Mario Bros.

Mister-VCS

A little late to the party, but here nonetheless. I love the Atari 2600 version of Mario Bros. but the Atari 7800 version has hands down, unquestionably, the most shockingly bad controls that I've ever experienced from a platforming game. I've played some pretty darn terrible platformers before, but Mario Bros. on the Atari 7800 really takes the cake. I can say with complete and total sincerity that I'd rather be playing Bubsy 3D, and I don't think I'll be back to play this one again. My apologies to Bubsy and Mario Bros. fans alike.

Mario Bros. (Atari 7800): 39,400

Mario Bros. (Atari 2600): 88,500

yzhWtvK.jpg

QRQjGoF.jpg

Edited by Jin

A little late to the party, but here nonetheless. I love the Atari 2600 version of Mario Bros. but the Atari 7800 version has hands down, unquestionably, the most shockingly bad controls that I've ever experienced from a platforming game. I've played some pretty darn terrible platformers before, but Mario Bros. on the Atari 7800 really takes the cake. I can say with complete and total sincerity that I'd rather be playing Bubsy 3D, and I don't think I'll be back to play this one again. My apologies to Bubsy and Mario Bros. fans alike.

Mario Bros. (Atari 7800): 39,400

Mario Bros. (Atari 2600): 88,500

QRQjGoF.jpg

The control is fine with the CX-40... IMO

The control is fine with the CX-40... IMO

Wow... do I ever feel like a total ass now. I just realized tonight when I went to play a different game that the D-Pad on the controller that I use for my emulation rig was broken! Fortunately I had a spare controller to use, but now I feel really bad for trashing Mario Bros. when it turns out it wasn't a problem with the game at all, but the hardware I was using to play it. I'll definitely be remembering this occasion before ragging on any games in the future. :sad:

Now that I have a properly working controller again I decided to give Mario Bros. another shot, and of course it controlled just fine this time around. A little floatier than what I was used to from the 2600 version, but still totally fine. Here's my new scores from tonight:

Mario Bros. (Atari 7800): 84,560

Mario Bros (Atari 2600): 129,900

Y0mWdQX.jpg

fOOWax0.jpg