IGNORED

New XB Game: Wizard's Doom

adamantyr

Oh. So I can just insert my own DSK (using FIAD fioles instead) to say DSK2 and all will be fine? Ok then. I will go try that now. I have a quest....

Yes, that works. I'm off to clear level 1 again. :)

I feel weak... better drink this potion...

NNNNNOOOOOooooo!!!!!

post-47352-0-32465900-1479509300_thumb.png

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally got the chance to read the manual and start playing it as a magic user. First impression: One gets sucked into the game very quickly and it plays extremely well. Really impressive work for an XB game.

Unfortunately, there was a bug in your error trapping which crashed the game for me (very upsetting as I was just starting to build up my character!). I had forgotten that one cannot save to DSK images in Classic99, and as I was trying to save my progress an error occurred in line 2010 and the game crashed. I think in this type of game error trapping should be rock solid if saving is going to be allowed so as not to lose an entire gaming session or a laboriously built up character.

I'm going to try playing it on real iron, but right now my system is in pieces as I work on replacing my PEB's PS...

Overall great work!

So I finally got the chance to read the manual and start playing it as a magic user. First impression: One gets sucked into the game very quickly and it plays extremely well. Really impressive work for an XB game.

Unfortunately, there was a bug in your error trapping which crashed the game for me (very upsetting as I was just starting to build up my character!). I had forgotten that one cannot save to DSK images in Classic99, and as I was trying to save my progress an error occurred in line 2010 and the game crashed. I think in this type of game error trapping should be rock solid if saving is going to be allowed so as not to lose an entire gaming session or a laboriously built up character.

I'm going to try playing it on real iron, but right now my system is in pieces as I work on replacing my PEB's PS...

Overall great work!

I was able to save progress with no issues by not using dsk files with classic99. Instead, configure classic99 to point to a fiad file in a directory and you will be fine.

• 1 month later...

Epic, dude... That manual is legit!!!

Reminds me of MG manuals for some reason. Very VERY nice.

Easily one of my favorite games that has come out in the last couple years... Although my OCD level-clearing strategy gets me killed from.time to time.

Thanks for the great game!

• Like 3

Epic, dude... That manual is legit!!!

Reminds me of MG manuals for some reason. Very VERY nice.

Easily one of my favorite games that has come out in the last couple years... Although my OCD level-clearing strategy gets me killed from.time to time.

Thanks for the great game!

You're welcome dude! And send me your mailing address in a private message, you get a free manual for playtesting. :D

• Like 1

Any manuals still available for purchase?

Yes there is! Just PM me the request with a PayPal attached-email address and an up to date mailing address and I'll send the postage request. ($3 for a padded envelope anywhere in the states, or $1 if you want me to just stick it in a flat one and risk it getting folded/damaged, or if it has to be sent internationally. Trust me, you DON'T want to know shipping rates for international packages.)