IGNORED

New XB Game: Wizard's Doom

adamantyr

Whew, just finished up putting together ten more manuals! Half my stock is gone, so get them while you can...

In regards to joystick control, I wanted to keep the game from requiring one. I appreciate that you feel it runs fast enough to warrant a bit of arcade action. :)

In regards to running from a different disk, this is doable but I'd have to alter the assembly program to read from a different path. I can do this on a case by case basis if you are really inconvenienced by using DSK1, just send me a PM for the request.

• Like 1

Okay, here is a version that has been re-configured to run on DSK2!

Wizard's Doom 1.0.1 DSK2: WizardsDoomDSK2.zip

Changing the disk paths is NOT trivial. The easiest way to do it is to use a hex editor on the WIZDOOM and LOAD files and change all instances OF DSK.

If you want to change it to something really long like a HD directory, you'll need to PM me with that, because it will require re-compiling the assembly source, which is merged into the LOAD file via Systex. (Again, Barry Boone, you are a GOD for writing that.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here is a version that has been re-configured to run on DSK2!

Wizard's Doom 1.0.1 DSK2: attachicon.gifWizardsDoomDSK2.zip

Changing the disk paths is NOT trivial. The easiest way to do it is to use a hex editor on the WIZDOOM and LOAD files and change all instances OF DSK.

If you want to change it to something really long like a HD directory, you'll need to PM me with that, because it will require re-compiling the assembly source, which is merged into the LOAD file via Systex. (Again, Barry Boone, you are a GOD for writing that.)

Thanks! Much appreciated. I liked the review in CRPG Addict. I also read your blog, and I don't think many players appreciate the amount of research and work you put into the development of this game. Definitely not as simple as it seems...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very cool game!

Impressed!

Only thing for me, slow to detect keystrokes in C99

But it looks great!

I think that's par for the course. You have to hold the key down during a narrow key press detection window. Please do try and complete the game by destroying the Evil Wizard. I've done so being a wizard, I plan to do so as the warrior (fighter?) and the Adventurer also. I found some bugs going through as Wizard so getting folks to play this and report back helps improve the product as well.