IGNORED

New development: GTIA in CPLD

Simius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting dark text on my Sophia DVI version, which on my composite output is correct on UAV. The DVI output has corrected itself (not sure why/how) once or twice. I have had this Sophia on my other 1088XEL receiving the same result, also used multiple DVI cables, and monitors. Has anyone experience this as well?

post-16380-0-45281300-1520864254_thumb.jpg

Mine works fine in basically the same setup as yours. Have you checked the monitor with a different DVI source? Never mind just saw your comment about multiple monitor

I'm now not getting any DVI output on the 1088XEL board that was just working with my other Sophia. But, the composite UAV is working. Very strange.

Presumably, it may be an effect of unsolder pin on the CPLD or a buffers/level translators (74LCX541) under GTIA socket. It can explain the temporary self-repair. Take a strong magnifier (10-20x) and look carefully in the strong, reflecting light.

Presumably, it may be an effect of unsolder pin on the CPLD or a buffers/level translators (74LCX541) under GTIA socket. It can explain the temporary self-repair. Take a strong magnifier (10-20x) and look carefully in the strong, reflecting light.

PM sent

DB9 to SCART cables are available now from Retro Console Accessories

These are simulated stereo like the other mono cables she provides.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162417265303

Well I finally got around to installing my Sophia on my Atari 800XL last night, seemingly without any problems (composite still works). The problem is that I need a DB9 to SCART for my PVM. That link above was from last year, and they have no more cables in their store. I sent Retro Console Accessories a message, but no response yet.

What are my options if I do not want to make my own cable? eBay came up totally empty. Any other good online stores familiar with this? I would gladly pay one of you experts to make one if Retro Console Accessories doesn't get back to me.

So mine arrived today and I installed the DVI version in my 800xl. The picture is wonderful. Thank you for making it. I have a question on the audio. The VGA version runs a wire to the rf modulator. What do we do with the DVI one? Was thinking of using the video out DIN socket for sound.

Is it worth contacting Cool Novelties in the UK to see if they’ll make a custom cable? They’re also on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I forgot about Cool Novelties and just messaged them. retrogamingcables.co.UK was no help, they replied saying they don't make custom cables. As for Retro Console Accessories, they have completely left the building. Their entire inventory is set to zero and I haven't heard back from her

In the meantime, I will attempt to make a DB9 to SCART cable myself next weekend. To be honest though, I don't feel very confident at all by looking at that "SCART_DB9.pdf" file posted several pages back. It's confusing to me. I mean look at pin 4 on the DB9. It's going into pin 11 on the SCART, but what is going on with pin 9 (SCART side)? Do I connect 9 and 11 together? Also, look at common shield on DB9 side. So many things are fused together. And where does 9 lead to? If no one is selling these cables, I really wish someone would just make a video...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the RGB SCART cable came in the mail today from Cool Novelties. Although they make amazing cables, they made it without having a Sophia to test it on, just going by the information in this thread. I was extremely worried, and sure enough the screen is very distorted and jumpy. Sound works fine though.

I have an Atari 800XL, and a Sony 20" PVM. Before anyone asks, the settings are correct on the PVM, I just unplugged the Atari SCART cable and texted it on my Super Nintendo SCART, and that works fine. Anyway, what went wrong? Is it as simple as two wires that should be opposites, that I can easily fix? Attached is a screen shot. Any ideas are appreciated.

Edit: This has got me thinking it could be the jumper settings, as I haven't touched them yet. Anyone using an RGB SCART with a PVM, what are the proper settings?

post-12488-0-00728700-1522723628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zap!