IGNORED

Pengo Won't Play

ETWelty

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could help troubleshoot my Copy of Pengo for the 5200. It starts the normal 5200 start up screen and says Pengo, but it always freezes before it starts. It tends to keep the Atari logo there, and just not change. I have cleaned it but it did the same thing. Could the chips have bit-rot? Thanks! :)

Any other games exhibit this behavior?

This.

I have Pengo for my A52, and it works just fine...

It sounds like your 5200 may be the culprit. How many games for the A52 do you have, and which ones, specifically? This is important, as the idea is to eliminate the cartridge stuff and focus on the hardware...This is NOT easy, and may come as a shock. Find out, making SURE your other A52 games work, and I'd think that, with all of these people in this forum, you'd be get to help, or FIX this issue.

Happy gaming. :)

- IC

Edited by Indrid Cold

This. It sounds like your 5200 may be the culprit. How many games for the A52 do you have, and which ones, specifically? This is important, as the idea is to eliminate the cartridge stuff and focus on the hardware...This is NOT easy, and may come as a shock. Find out, making SURE your other A52 games work, and I'd think that, with all of these people in this forum, you'd be able to help, or FIX this issue.

Happy gaming. :)

Thanks! I have I believe 36 plus variants, so closer to 40, but I also have some duplicates at the moment. Only one of the super breakouts and the pengo exhibit this, and I have not had it happen with any others.

Thanks! I have I believe 36 plus variants, so closer to 40, but I also have some duplicates at the moment. Only one of the super breakouts and the pengo exhibit this, and I have not had it happen with any others.

And the same exact thing happens with both of these games? And the same thing occurs on each power cycle of the games?

Try cleaning the cart slot on your 5200. And also get some deoxit for the troubled games.

Yeah, but only these 2 do it.

Ah, I see. Yup, sounds like your issue is the two carts, not the hardware as I suggested above. I was drinking when I made that post, so I digress. Good to hear that the rest of your collection works!

- IC

• 3 weeks later...