IGNORED

HSC13 R18: Ghost Encounters & Ghostly Bonus

Ghost Encounters

5 levels with 4 treasures on each.

Best possible score 20 treasure, 100 time bonus.

If you lose one life ypu may as well start again as the time bonus can never be regained. Or even if you have to retreat and and restart a screen.

Some screens run fast and lucky and get to do it...or it just conspires against you losing time.

For the official manual (kind of) see castle hassle on Atarimania.

The rankings suggested do not match standalone Ghost Encounters.

Might help.

• Like 1

Ghost 1890 you have to shepherd the ghosts into the gap at the top whilst stopping them crashing into each other.

Ghost Encounters 11/24 reached level 3, stuck on Always 1 left, seems tricky :ponder:

If anyone is stuck on the game press select to have a go at the other levels (5 altogether) you may as well enjoy the game :)

• Like 1

Hopefully everyone can work out things from the above posts - if anyone has found a version that works properly without the translator let me know :)

First Tables

Ghost Encounters (score/time bonus)

1st Jr Ghost Dope (n) 20/89 12pts
2nd Jr Ghost RedThunder (n) 20/85 11pts
3rd Can’t Remember therealbountybob (p) 11/24 10pts
4th Immature Deteacher (n) 8/12 9pts

Ghost!
1st Dope (n) 15,500 3pts
2nd Deteacher (n) 5,980 2pts
3rd therealbountybob (p) 1,890 1pt

Ghost II
1st Deteacher (n) 4,080 2pts
2nd therealbountybob (p) 2,790 1pt

Round 19 Poll OPEN

Ghost 1890 you have to shepherd the ghosts into the gap at the top whilst stopping them crashing into each other.

Ghost Encounters 11/24 reached level 3, stuck on Always 1 left, seems tricky :ponder:

If anyone is stuck on the game press select to have a go at the other levels (5 altogether) you may as well enjoy the game :)

"Always One Left" is just tricky.

Vid attached :-)

https://youtu.be/rXdFvoL1F70

Ghost II 7,990 level 6 or 7, I'm not sure if there's many points in the other items: coins 10, potions 50... chests are just scenery?

Ghost 16,480 made it through to 2-3ish. As well as moving the arrows ahead of the ghost you can stop the ghost on the arrow where your cursor is, change dir, move and the ghost will then be directed = - this would be great if you could see the blimming arrow under the ghost :frown:

You can start on any skill pressing 1-9 - not for this HSC round!

I can't decide what to vote for, but some of you can: Round 19 Poll OPEN ;)

Ok the Ghost Encounter OSB ATR works (spade ok/10 men only) on my 130XE with the translator loaded...

Confession time I'm stuck on Level 1's "Tight Squeeze" same as devwebcl?! - (have done the other screens) score 03/00. Rank Gruesome! From the video looks like you can change into a thin bar somehow? Hint Please :dunce:

"The ghost can transform into eight different shapes which assist in solving the puzzles..."

Eight?!! OK Added a load more links for Ghost Encounters to the 1st post. Including someone's blog which is a spoiler apart from the first Tight Squeeze bit :ponder: I've had to look at the video to see you can transform into a bar using the cursor arrow keys so this is what you need to do!

Round 19 Poll OPEN

Which is the cursor key ?

inverse key ?

Down arrow = vertical line shape

Right arrow = horizontal line shape

You got to be quick for those vital seconds.

@all anyone got the perfect score yet on level 1.

Later I,ll try a video walkthrough for level 1.

Which is the cursor key ?

inverse key ?

"="/Down arrow is the vertical bar

"*"/Right arrow is the horizontal bar

Anyone stuck can practice a level using Select (after starting the game) - there are 5 levels with 4 treasures on each but be quick as this round is over tomorrow :)

Congratulations to RedThunder, two in a row :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ghost Encounters was a nice game for HSC play, it had been on my list for playing and working out what to do one day and now we have mastered it. The time bonus is a neat idea, on some levels there are a choice of doors which can save some seconds traversing the main screen. Ghost! was ok but I couldn't really see a good strategy - similar concept to "The Great Return of the Penguins" perhaps. Ghost II could be better with a few tweaks but it's quite enjoyable to play.

Thanks again to Fandal who has patched the Ghost Encounters XEX - spade should work and should run on any OS :)

First Tables

Ghost Encounters (score/time bonus)

1st Ghost RedThunder (n) 20.94 12pts
2nd Jr Ghost Dope (n) 20.89 11pts
3rd Jr Ghost therealbountybob(p) 20.88 10pts
4th Apprentice McKong (p) 18.65 9pts
5th Immature devwebcl (n) 8.43 8pts

6th Immature Deteacher (n) 8.12 7pts

Ghost!
1st therealbountybob (p) 16,480 4pts
2nd Dope (n) 15,500 3pts
3rd Deteacher (n) 5,980 2pts
4th RedThunder (n) 4,270 1pt

Ghost II
1st therealbountybob (p) 7,990 3pts
2nd RedThunder (n) 4,730 2pts
3rd Deteacher (n) 4,080 1pt

If you missed this or any previous rounds there is a chance to catch up in the next round :)

The rank I got is "Ghost"

I reckon a perfect score is achiveable, but not this time. The best rank possible i guess with a 20/100 score is "Phantom.

Hope we play this again one day.

Great round.

Ps: trbb

Thanks for all your efforts organising these events and looking after the high score tables.

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 1