Jump to content
IGNORED

new products at arcadeshopper.com


arcadeshopper

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, mrvan said:

Hi Arcadeshopper, is this batch still available? I ordered several items from your site a few days back and some were preorder as well. Perhaps this’ availability will be similar. This would be nice to have even if only for the more crisp display.

yes I am selling out of batches and getting more in a week two ..  we have plenty in the pipeline if you preorder it should get here soon 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

yes I am selling out of batches and getting more in a week two ..  we have plenty in the pipeline if you preorder it should get here soon 

Excellent, I've ordered one. I'm looking forward to all the gear I ordered with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2023 at 10:02 PM, arcadeshopper said:

Thinking of having some posters made of the classic manual covers.  Any suggestions?

 

I'm thinking munchman, tunnels of doom, parsec

 

Any others? Size suggestions?

 

Greg

 

The problem I foresee is that manual covers have moire pattern lithograph artifacts that will be ugly AF when enlarged.

You would need clean, archival image stock in a very high resolution to do large format printing. (Or a specialized AI that can detect the moire lithograph dither, derive suitable solids in CMYK, and de-noise a quality manual/box cover scan, then upscale the bejeebus out of it)

 

I own a large format printer, and have made a few posters on it. Pixelation artifacts and moire lithograph dither are pernicious enemies of mine.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, wierd_w said:

 

The problem I foresee is that manual covers have moire pattern lithograph artifacts that will be ugly AF when enlarged.

You would need clean, archival image stock in a very high resolution to do large format printing. (Or a specialized AI that can detect the moire lithograph dither, derive suitable solids in CMYK, and de-noise a quality manual/box cover scan, then upscale the bejeebus out of it)

 

I own a large format printer, and have made a few posters on it. Pixelation artifacts and moire lithograph dither are pernicious enemies of mine.

 

nod.. well we'll see..  and theres somoene on facebook with the original ti posters that i'm gonna try to get them to scan them at a fedex store 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2023 at 12:14 AM, wierd_w said:

 

The problem I foresee is that manual covers have moire pattern lithograph artifacts that will be ugly AF when enlarged.

You would need clean, archival image stock in a very high resolution to do large format printing. (Or a specialized AI that can detect the moire lithograph dither, derive suitable solids in CMYK, and de-noise a quality manual/box cover scan, then upscale the bejeebus out of it)

 

I own a large format printer, and have made a few posters on it. Pixelation artifacts and moire lithograph dither are pernicious enemies of mine.

 

16 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

nod.. well we'll see..  and theres somoene on facebook with the original ti posters that i'm gonna try to get them to scan them at a fedex store 

 

In the past, I've used a Mac app called BiggerPicture to upscale tiny and/or low-res images.  The results, IMHO, have been fairly remarkable.  I produced some great-looking posters, although those were based on photographs.

 

Not sure how well this app would handle scans of the TI manual covers and if/how it might minimize the moire litho dither issue.  Nevertheless, thought I would share the lead to the app in case it helps.

 

Good luck with the posters, Greg.  Great idea. 

Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 9.44.19 AM.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bigjpg does interesting things too.

 

Here is what I am tentively going to suggest:

 

Scan the high quality manual image at a resolution of about 2x the lithograph dot pattern, then bicubic reduce so that it is the same resolution. (Lithograph dots more or less exactly 1 pixel)

 

Load the image into photoshop, then separate it into C M Y and K channels, and save each as a png.

 

https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/utprint/CMYK+Separation

 

Take each component channel, and run it through undither, to try and smooth out the gradients/remove the lithograph moire patterning.

 

https://github.com/kornelski/undither

 

Recomposite the smoothed/undithered channels.

 

Save as png.

 

Feed it to bigjpg, waifux2, or some other AI upscaler.

 

Tell it to denoise, and upscale the bejesus out of it. You need someplace in the neighborhood of 600x600 dpi, with 24in wide, at a minimum. (14,400 x 21,600 px for 24"x36")

 

With any luck, you can coax something printable out that way.

 

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's some black magic to getting undither to work with monochrome images (which the channel separation will produce)

 

http://www.madingley.org/james/resources/undither/

 

Since the power distribution file is a ppm bitmap, it will be palletized. A simple selection mask and color range selection with the paint tool should work to make this much less touchy.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Any interest in selling a bag of capacitors to recap a 99/4A (main board and power supply) Having populated a SAMS card myself, I’m left with a bunch of extra components as a result of minimum buy quantities.  Just a thought.  Perhaps variations in the 99/4A design (QI, etc.) wouldn’t make the juice worth the squeeze.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 12:34 PM, Switch1995 said:

Any interest in selling a bag of capacitors to recap a 99/4A (main board and power supply) Having populated a SAMS card myself, I’m left with a bunch of extra components as a result of minimum buy quantities.  Just a thought.  Perhaps variations in the 99/4A design (QI, etc.) wouldn’t make the juice worth the squeeze.

Sure.. you wanna send me your extras? :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Switch1995 said:

Haha.  Sure, since I asked, id be happy to take on the project of building some kits.  Could someone share a capacitor BOM for a no-QI TI99/4a?  

I have kits for the motherboards already, and the 10" monitor  but not the power supplies

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@arcadeshopper - these are cool - do you include the whole manual, or just the cover? - is it the same size as the original or larger?

 

I got a bunch of various software manuals that I saved for some reason, without the cartridges or boxes, I might do this myself and have a little section on the office wall, dress up the room a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

@arcadeshopper- sono fantastici - includi l'intero manuale o solo la copertina? - ha le stesse dimensioni dell'originale o è più grande?

 

Ho un sacco di vari manuali di software che ho salvato per qualche motivo, senza cartucce o scatole, potrei farlo da solo e avere una piccola sezione sul muro dell'ufficio, per abbellire un po' la stanza.

Your room Gary is already wonderful🤩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2024 at 3:16 PM, Gary from OPA said:

@arcadeshopper - these are cool - do you include the whole manual, or just the cover? - is it the same size as the original or larger?

 

I got a bunch of various software manuals that I saved for some reason, without the cartridges or boxes, I might do this myself and have a little section on the office wall, dress up the room a bit.

its a poster of the cover

11x17 (both) and 8.5x11 (just parsec) available

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...