IGNORED

Port change

OMG I totally moved my Telnet port to 24 just yesterday, Your port 23 getting hit by script kiddies too? After I did the change over, they now they try to connect to SSH port 22, but my SSH requires a valid login to be entered, and I'm guessing this bot can't comprehend what to do, so they never even get to a node.

Port attacks seemed to have gone wild over the past year, I never had any , but now on my email server I get piles of attacks. Mostly now if anyone tries a invalid SSH login, or tries to email a invalid address or something, that IP get banned for 48 hours now. I've blocked huge list of IP ranges where spam seems to keep coming from. So far it seems to be keeping the attacks down a lot.

Mostly looking to see if you have a open relay email server so they can use your server to spam with.

I ran a proxy server for a couple of weeks while I was testing some stuff out about a year ago, theres some site which scans IP address's and if it finds a proxy server they go and list it on their site as "free to use". I had a go at them as they got my account blocked as the server had been maxed out for over a day. They claim they hadn't listed my IP, even though it was posted on their site and they admit they scan IP's for "open proxy servers" constantly. I sent um a screenshot and didnt hear from them again. Gets me how they basically attack IP's for proxy servers and then list them without the site owners permission. Felt like sending them a bill for buggering my VPS account up.