IGNORED

Forza Motorsport 5 trouble installing Xbox One

Steam_User

Okay so I got Forza Motorsports 5 Sunday, and I'm trying to get it to install on my Xbox One (note it's the game on disk not downloaded from the Xbox Store.) But each time it hits 14% it stops and says installation stopped and each time I click retry installation it stays on 14% then gives me the installation stopped message is there any requirements I need to get it installed? The disc isn't dirty or anything and I have plenty of space on my Xbox One for it as well but it just doesn't want to install at all.

Please help, if anyone knows.

Edited by Steam_User

Is the XBox One online when youre installing?

Its been a known bug for 3 years since launch that installing from disk while online creates allot of problems. Downloads stop,or corrupt,or it'll just download allot slower,its a total mess.

Best thing to do is to take your XBox offline,go to your settings and there should be an option to disconnect from XBox Live. Once you do that install from the disk,it shouldn't take nearly as long(maybe 15-20 minutes) and will complete the install without trouble.

Once install is done reconnect to XBox Live and you should be prompted for an update for the game. Those go pretty smoothly. But yeah never ever install a game while you're online. After 3 years you'd think Microsoft would have fixed this problem but meh whatever. LOL. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the XBox One online when youre installing?

Its been a known bug for 3 years since launch that installing from disk while online creates allot of problems. Downloads stop,or corrupt,or it'll just download allot slower,its a total mess.

Best thing to do is to take your XBox offline,go to your settings and there should be an option to disconnect from XBox Live. Once you do that install from the disk,it shouldn't take nearly as long(maybe 15-20 minutes) and will complete the install without trouble.

Once install is done reconnect to XBox Live and you should be prompted for an update for the game. Those go pretty smoothly. But yeah never ever install a game while you're online. After 3 years you'd think Microsoft would have fixed this problem but meh whatever. LOL. Hope this helps.

Cool. I will not be buying an xbox 1 then. Sounds too buggy. Ya figure for the money these things would work.