IGNORED

Wishing for a new Intellivision Game - Chall Chalo

First Spear

• 6 years later...

Looks like it has some interesting game mechanics.  Unfortunately, it also looks like it was designed by a corporate UX graphics designer.  It looks like people are playing on a PowerPoint deck.

It would be cool to see if anybody could translate the concept to a more ... interesting ... looking play field.  I would like to see that.

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

It reminds me of live mapping in orienteering competitions, with a touch of SNAFU.

Not the best of examples, but here is how Livelox works. It uses GPS trackers which record or transmit data, illustrated as colored tracks superimposed on a map.

https://youtu.be/ELNkQT-Cals

Edited by carlsson

44 minutes ago, carlsson said:

It reminds me of live mapping in orienteering competitions, with a touch of SNAFU.

Not the best of examples, but here is how Livelox works. It uses GPS trackers which record or transmit data, illustrated as colored tracks superimposed on a map.

https://youtu.be/ELNkQT-Cals

I think that's what it is supposed to represent, except that the map looks too plain, making it look less like topography and more like a corporate PowerPoint chart.  If they had tried to give a bit more of an impression of a geographical map (it doesn't have to be an actual map, but at least give some visual cues that offered that impression), it would look more interesting -- at least to me.

As it stands, as cool as the game-play sounds, I cannot bring myself to stare at that generic, sterile, corporate-looking screen for more than a few seconds.

-dZ.

On 11/10/2016 at 7:41 PM, First Spear said:

Interesting. A very slow racing game. I could imagine this on an Intellivision with ECS for 4-controller play. Another Color Squares Mode game?

http://chalochalogame.com

Looks cool.  I don't know if it's something I would want to implement though.  It would need too many compromises to work on Intellivision.

22 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

Looks cool.  I don't know if it's something I would want to implement though.  It would need too many compromises to work on Intellivision.

And then at the end you get ... Snafu.  LOL!

-dZ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2