IGNORED

NES Classic Edition is Here!

Emehr

I don't think the Emio Joysticks were ever changed, just the addition of the NES Classic Adapter in the box. I confirmed the Joystick already are strictly DPad control having confirmed thru various Wii games. I also just added more Wii games tested back in my review guide, more confirm to the DPad only support of the stick. Sorry, I do not have just a regular Wii Classic Controller. I prefer use of a Mayflash Adapter with PS2 Controllers for the non-segment stops of the analog sticks.

Go to the OP of that Guide, I have reviews and interesting mods all indexed in the first post on the first page. A combo 2600 Joystick and NES Gampad plug in cable to a Wiimote. Also a "Twinstick" option to the Tatsunko Arcade Stick.

Wii and Gamecube Guide - Reviews and Mods - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=418963#p418963

My main curiosity is what the dongle does to condition the malformed signal from the analog sticks. I'm aware the Emio Edge joystick does not have analogs, but a "dummy" signal should be present in whatever communications protocol the stick uses. Otherwise, the device may malfunction if the apparatus it is connected to expects it. this is exactly what the NES Mini does with the Emio.

The dongle presumably corrects the signal by changing the way the Emio joystick reports the non-existent analogs to the Mini. I am curious if the dongle would interfere with a standard classic controller emitting a proper analog signal from the thumbsticks.

Also the Classic Controller Pro has clicky triggers, not analog, if you wanted to try one. It is nicely made and a vast improvement over the original.

My main curiosity is what the dongle does to condition the malformed signal from the analog sticks. I'm aware the Emio Edge joystick does not have analogs, but a "dummy" signal should be present in whatever communications protocol the stick uses. Otherwise, the device may malfunction if the apparatus it is connected to expects it. this is exactly what the NES Mini does with the Emio.

The dongle presumably corrects the signal by changing the way the Emio joystick reports the non-existent analogs to the Mini. I am curious if the dongle would interfere with a standard classic controller emitting a proper analog signal from the thumbsticks.

Also the Classic Controller Pro has clicky triggers, not analog, if you wanted to try one. It is nicely made and a vast improvement over the original.

Not quite convinced the NES Classic Adapter really makes a difference in the analog stick detection or not. The Edge Joystick works in a regular Wii with no analog stick detection. If anything, the Wii would be the more prudent console that would require analog sticks. The NES Classic which uses the Dpad seems no need for the analog stick detection; does it support the analog sticks of a Wii Classic Controller?

Interesting what happened to Wii Rayman Orgins with and without the adapter; though not related to analog stick detection. The sprint mode controlled by the fire button and not the direction control.

Really this is the main thing I want this year for Christmas this year. I want 2 of them actually. One simply for the casing to try and modify to fit a Raspberry π 3.

One dude did an amazing Ben Heck worthy conversion of an NES Mini to Pi. But the NES Mini is such a neat device; I'd hate to gut one for the shell.

http://imgur.com/a/JdzOg