IGNORED

Red Mario Bros. label and box deterioration

ApolloBoy

The label on mine cracked and deteriorated within weeks of purchasing it 5 years ago due to an odd occurrence: The PCB had become dislodged inside the cart plastics. I had to heat up the label and remount the PCB, and the label wouldn't maintain integrity. This was due to the printing process of the label, which to me looked like it was from an old Tektroniks Phaser 800 ("crayon") printer. I used /serviced many of these a decade ago.

I therefore recreated the label near-perfectly in PSD format at 600 dpi. I could dig it up and post a JPG of it if there's interest.

This was due to the printing process of the label, which to me looked like it was from an old Tektroniks Phaser 800 ("crayon") printer.

:D

Yeah. The "ink" (which comes from a cartridge filled with hard wax) from this type of printer is terribly fragile, and doesn't adhere like toner does. Everything printed cracks after a while.

:D

Yeah. The "ink" (which comes from a cartridge filled with hard wax) from this type of printer is terribly fragile, and doesn't adhere like toner does. Everything printed cracks after a while.

Argh....... that release! :(

The printing quality was really bad, sadly

That was back in 2008, since then we're using a totally different printing service, thankfully