IGNORED

Back to the 80's... Scarfinger : THE OFFICIAL STORYBOARD !

scalpel

Thank you Pascal ! That is very cool!

These documents also show one more level ("Phase Four") which is missing in the released version of the game.

Maybe Deep Throat will give us some code too :)

Thanks Simone ! I think the phase four is actually in the actual game, isn't it ?

I will send some information later :)

Those graphics look impressive. Was the game finished? I know that David Harley was selling it at some point. I tried to get a copy but he said he had only one left and it was mostly for collectors because the game was unplayable, so I wouldn't be interested in it.

-dZ.

Those graphics look impressive. Was the game finished? I know that David Harley was selling it at some point. I tried to get a copy but he said he had only one left and it was mostly for collectors because the game was unplayable, so I wouldn't be interested in it.

-dZ.

He has a Scarfinger rom file for download on his site. It is playable but it doesn't look finished. If he said that about the cartridge than I would think the cartridge is as the rom was originally found, unmodified. According to intellivisionlives a prototype of Scarfinger was sent to Mattel in mid-1983, but Mattel passed on the game. Its possible Nice Ideas picked up the project again after separating from Mattel. We have to wait and see if there is any new information.

edit: How did the Nice office send prototypes to the US. Did they make prototype cartridges and ship them to the US. Was there another way?

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

He has a Scarfinger rom file for download on his site. It is playable but it doesn't look finished. If he said that about the cartridge than I would think the cartridge is as the rom was originally found, unmodified. According to intellivisionlives a prototype of Scarfinger was sent to Mattel in mid-1983, but Mattel passed on the game. Its possible Nice Ideas picked up the project again after separating from Mattel. We have to wait and see if there is any new information.

edit: How did the Nice office send prototypes to the US. Did they make prototype cartridges and ship them to the US. Was there another way?

I know the Nice Ideas' former CEO sent some roms in the 2000' to someone (I have the name but can't give it now) and he didn't receive any feedback...