IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

Fix it Felix seems to work fine. And so does Joyride.

Thanks for pointing out these games. More for the library and the working list.

Fix it felix on my flashback portable, felix is not inside the windows as he is when I run the game on Stella and also with my harmony cart on my 2600. so it does have a graphical glitch at least on the preproduction portable I have (the one that has Space Invaders on it).

post-8976-0-51072900-1479442467_thumb.jpg

I found a diagnostic menu on the Atari portable. Hold down the big three buttons (A, R, S) while starting up and you get a RAM check, a soun

I found a diagnostic menu on the Atari portable. Hold down the big three buttons (A, R, S) while starting up and you get a RAM check, a sound check, and a button check.

d check, and a button check.

I never noticed it before, but Ulala don't have thigh gap.

It's still to this day my favorite home version of Felix......

Hey ComputerSpaceFan, I've written Cybearg to see if a tweaked version of Fix It Felix can be made for the Flashback Portable. We'll see what's possible.

In the meantime I've attached a video of the gameplay of Fix It Felix on the FBP (Flashback Portable).

As I said, still a fun game.

20161118_215221.mp4

I wanted to point out a typo in the entry of Princess Quest at entry 600, the ROM name is correct as it is, PrincessRescue.bin. Should be Princess Rescue which is Sprybug's game. Princess Quest is nanochess's game for the Colecovision and Intellivision.

Thanks Kiwi! Made the correction, thanks for letting us know!

• Like 1

I agree. But right now it is in alphabetical order by company, which is also fun. Not my first choice but fun.

Alright, have some number put together of what we have in the compatibility list so far. I wrote in this for a discussion about the Flashback Portable from another thread and thought I'd share it here.

-----------------

One thing I will have to say for Atgames and they even said the same, they made an emulator that works with the 60 games they intended for release. As you know, there are hundreds of games that can potentially be played through the SD card support. As I write this 543 games have been tested on the FBP. 393 are playable without flaws. 60 of those were intended to work, so 333 games that work without trying. Not bad. Also makes this the Flashback that can play nearly 400 games, and those with Flashback Portables have another listed 300 games to try out.

45 are playable with flaws.

(1) of a 32 in one game cartridge only loads one game.

(5) Gameplay related.

(6) Screen jitters.

(4) Prototypes

(29) Some screen glitch

There are 105 are not playable for various other reasons such as:

(34) dpad is unresponsive. These games generally load and player otherwise so close.

(12) a two player game on a one player system.

(17) Needed a different controller. This one if you find the joystick hacks on Atariage make Omega Race, and some of the Seseme Street kiddie games (Big Bird's Egg Catch, Cookie Monster Munch, Holey Moley) workable.

-Non-emulated hardware that causes a outright crash.

----( 8 ) No content on screen (though you might hear sounds)

----(7) Gameplay related

----(2) Special hardware required.

----(20) Just crashes.

(5) Prototype

Other interesting point is comparing the compatibility list of the Flashback Portable to the last time the Flashback could load external games, the Flashback 2, the list of games that didn't use to work verses those that do now have greatly improved.

list.xls.zip

So for a commercially released system that set out to make an emulator that worked with 60 select games, they made a system that did that and way more.

• Like 2

What would be nice is if they were all in alphabetical order. Right now it's part random, part alphabetical.

This list can be sorted very easily. Once the project is done the list can be put out in a xls format and you can sort it any way you wish :) Had it been sorted in alphabetical order I am sure someone would comment it would have been nice to sort it by company :P

Edited by thevnaguy

What would be nice is if they were all in alphabetical order. Right now it's part random, part alphabetical.

All you have to do is click on "Title" in the spreadsheet and then click on the arrow to the right of it and select "Sort A-Z" and you are all set. I have been exporting PDF's so I can sort through my ROMS, renaming the ones that work and removing the ones that don't so I am all set with my card by the time I get my portable. Then it will be load and go! :)

• Like 1