IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

31 minutes ago, Europatari said:

Nah, Realsports Baseball is included with the unit and not Realsports Basketball

I was talking about the original version from 2016.  Realsports Basketball is on the list...

https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2016/11/13/atari-flashback-portable-2016-official-game-list/

On 8/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, Europatari said:

No!

Asteroids Deluxe from the FB2 is not Extremly Flickery on the FBP you Quack!

It Might be in Stella itself, but not on the Darn Atari Flashback Portable.

I had a FB2 and yes it was flickery which is why I waited until the FB9 to play it on a modern TV.  All is well with that version.  It's not flickery in Stella though.  This is the second time in this thread you've come in here and had it all backwards.  You should probably do some research before you post anymore, or you'll end up looking like a...

Image result for horses ass meme

Edited by atarifan88

I think he's referring to the original Asteroids on the Flashback Portable.  This does not flicker at all.

The emulator cheated with this Rom to achieve this...and it only works with the original (non-copyright display) file.  Change any byte in it and the emulator will treat it like normal - flickering the asteroids on 1 frame, the ship and ufo on the other.

FB2 Asteroids Deluxe uses hollowed-out sprites, so the flicker is not as noticeable (regardless of platform).  However, the display does jitter like crazy on the Portable :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't seem to get mine to work. It won't recognize the SD card. I've tried different brands and sizes, made the directory "game", made sure the bin file was the proper format, but every time I choose the SD card option, it goes to a loading screen, then right back to the menu.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jetset said:

I can't seem to get mine to work. It won't recognize the SD card. I've tried different brands and sizes, made the directory "game", made sure the bin file was the proper format, but every time I choose the SD card option, it goes to a loading screen, then right back to the menu.

Try re-formatting the SD card with this app:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

The portable is very touchy with formatting. My SD card was formatted by Windows and it wasn't working. After re-formatting with the app, it worked fine.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jetset said:

Try the formatter above.

Do you have the Game folder setup? It has to be a capital G in the word Game.

Is your SD card an 8GB or SMALLER?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, azure said:

Try re-formatting the SD card with this app:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

The portable is very touchy with formatting. My SD card was formatted by Windows and it wasn't working. After re-formatting with the app, it worked fine.

That worked!!! Thanks! I wonder why it needs a special formatting program though?

16 hours ago, jetset said:

That worked!!! Thanks! I wonder why it needs a special formatting program though?

Now just download my ROM pack on the first page of this thread and you are all set! I have a dozen or so SD cards here pre-loaded for others who have issues with theirs (just PM me).

Enjoy your AFP!

31 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

Now just download my ROM pack on the first page of this thread and you are all set! I have a dozen or so SD cards here pre-loaded for others who have issues with theirs (just PM me).

Enjoy your AFP!

Sometimes I see MOTU-POHM listed, usually as just He_Man.bin, and sometimes I don't. Do you know if this is supposed to work or not on the new AFP? Thanks

On 5/22/2019 at 9:52 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

We definitely won't be doing 5200 (too many buttons, analog, etc.), but we do want to look into 7800. What 7800 games do you guys want to see supported the most? Say, a top 3 - 5.

AFP 7800er?? Yessir! /.-)

PLEASE add a small 9-pin-port on the back, that can be used to connect an ext. Joystick for Player 2 using a small adapter! 

Impossible Mission ("Possible Mission" please!)
Xevious
Galaga
Ballblazer
Ninja Golf
Karateka (sped up 2x to somhow match the Atari800-Version)
Xenophobe
Midnight Mutants

26 minutes ago, Bob Humid said:

AFP 7800er?? Yessir! /.-)

PLEASE add a small 9-pin-port on the back, that can be used to connect an ext. Joystick for Player 2 using a small adapter! 

Impossible Mission ("Possible Mission" please!)
Xevious
Galaga
Ballblazer
Ninja Golf
Karateka (sped up 2x to somhow match the Atari800-Version)
Xenophobe
Midnight Mutants

check that out:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/294101-atari-flashback-portable-advance-idea/

On 8/22/2019 at 4:39 PM, Swami said:

Sometimes I see MOTU-POHM listed, usually as just He_Man.bin, and sometimes I don't. Do you know if this is supposed to work or not on the new AFP? Thanks

He-Man uses E7 banking...I don't think this scheme is supported by the emulator.

2 hours ago, Nukey Shay said:

He-Man uses E7 banking...I don't think this scheme is supported by the emulator.

I have an F4 bankswitch conversion made by batari that may work, but it has a couple issues. 

1. For some reason it is 32k now, instead of 16k.

2. I can't seem to get the controller to work after getting past the start screen - also true in Stella and Harmony cart w/ real 2600.

He_man_F4.bin Masters of the Universe original.bin

1) Bankswitch conversions are usually larger than the parent Rom, because they need to operate via "standard" method only (swapping a full 4k instead of individual slices of 2k or less).  So the added banks provide different configurations of "slices" present.

2) Right difficulty is a pause switch.  Flip it to A to continue.

Still fails on the portable tho.  Just a blank screen with a bit of noise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nukey Shay said:

1) Bankswitch conversions are usually larger than the parent Rom, because they need to operate via "standard" method only (swapping a full 4k instead of individual slices of 2k or less).  So the added banks provide different configurations of "slices" present.

2) Right difficulty is a pause switch.  Flip it to A to continue.

Still fails on the portable tho.  Just a blank screen with a bit of noise.

Bah, I think the thread said left difficulty because I'd tried the A and B position, but only left. Works in Stella and Harmony now. 

Funny it doesn't work on FBP with the standard Atari bank switch. It was originally converted for the Krocodile Kart.