IGNORED

AA Homebrews on ebay for very high prices

roadrunner

Why are people selling Atariage homebrews on ebay for very high prices?

I seen one that's $15 higher than AA

Because many people interested in the 2600 have no idea AA exists, or that it has a store.

When I sold off my AA homebrews, I at least priced them just under the store price if they were still available to buy here.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had to factor in I was selling NTSC versions from Europe, and thus shipping was likely going to be a bit more if the buyers were in the US (as for convenience, I was generally listing with "free" shipping). As it turned out, I didn't have to end up selling many of the NTSC titles on eBay, the majority of them were the PAL versions. And like you VG, a couple went for way higher than the AA Store price.

Edited by Mayhem

After finding Zero 5 for the Jaguar for $50.00 cheaper(and brand new,opened) than what its being listed for on Ebay, I sorta don't wanna deal with Ebay for a long time now. Aside from Sega Saturn games and accessories cause Saturn is like Jaguar,you ain't gonna find a large selection of games to buy elsewhere really. Thats the beauty of Ebay,they have mountains of games next to any other site which always lures people in to look.

Ebay is really fun to browse but when it comes to gaming its abit of an annoyance with these sellers trying to gouge people like this ------> http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Classic-Edition-Nintendo-Mini-Console-30-Games-Brand-New-/332044712830?hash=item4d4f683b7e:g:LmgAAOSwHMJYK1d1

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 1

I still would like to learn how to recode games so when they load they give a screen stating such things as "this is a reproduction purchased from ... for $$$.

If Al can figure this out he could put a splash screen in all his games stating they were purchased from his store for $$. That would end the reselling pretty quick.

ooooooooh the trak-ball missile command is very attractive :)

I usually check out the Web site of a place in the photo on an Ebay auction if it's something I am interested in. I imagine others will as well and discover what a wonderful hobby it can be.

I only have one magnet from my very first AA purchase and was a very nice surprise.

b4eBCTR.jpg

• Like 1