IGNORED

Wanted: Pink Panther repro, also Farmer Dan and Kara Sea.

CaptainBreakout

Wow, didn't notice that these got reproduced a year or so ago. Not sure by who or how. So I missed out on my shot to get one when they were made, apparently with a melody cart.

Anyway, if you'd have one for sale or trade let me know. Or just maybe you know how to make one... I just want my son to be able to play it on the 2600.

Also

So just thought I'd put the word out for a Farmer Dan by Zellers and a Kara Sea which is a pal cart by somebody and actually a Strategy X rom. My name is Dan and my wife's is Kara, so go novelty value for us, and hard to find these rare carts.

Anyway, please reply or pm if you can. Thanks.

CaptainBreakout

Thanks for the reply. Special hardware... yipes. Coming from you too this sounds like a daunting project and all the details are shrouded in mystery, technical and otherwise. I don't have access to one to duplicate in the first place. Well so much for my hopes of owning and playing one.

I just wish I knew about this when this project was being done. I've been on the lookout for this game for well over a decade. I still don't even know who actually did this project, and such a limited run and only once.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that 2600 Pink Panther is an excellent game. And I'm very happy that I have a copy of it.

If I may?...(trying to be fair & respectful to a certain someone here now whenever I post whereas to maintain our newfound truce :)

...I would assume that anything melody can do, harmony can also do...???...

...therefore, I would assume that the only reason the rom data is not yet shareware is because of either a fear of legal problems (unlikely) or because the original purchaser(s) / investor(s) of the original proto have yet to be fully & properly compensated for their time, talent, & treasure. (more likely)...

I don't know about the rom being usable with a Melody, or Harmony, or the details therein or thereof.

One thing I've discovered since starting this post is the The Pink Panther is one very weird and mysterious cart/rom. I still don't fully understand it, but the cartridge itself has some kind of strange chip on it (ram/rom on one chip?), that apparently even now is in extremely limited supply. If there was a way to get this to work with a Melody, it must be dang hard because even the gurus here seem to shiver at the idea. I don't have the rom besides.

I suppose I can pass on at least one comment in regards to the idea of getting this game to work on a cart, and that is simply... "good luck".

Anyway, happy to report my quest for "The Pink Phink" has come to a happy end after a landmark negotiation. So I'm not looking for that anymore... but still keeping my eye out for a Kara Sea, Farmer Dan, and a Stacker (in fact I think I'll start a new wanted post).

Thanks to everyone involved!

I have played it.

I know it has lots of extra ram.

I can't tell what the ram is used for, except probably for the de-materializing effect (think Star Trek transporter) where the Pink Panther is supposed to be using the elevator.

Aside from that effect, it was a simple enough game that could probably be recreated in batari Basic, unless there is more to the game I didn't get to play.